TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Montana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zarkuu, Sep 17, 2015.

1. zarkuu

zarkuu Member

Hi everyone. Ordered an 85D about a month ago and just got confirmation of delivery next week. I've been lurking here for a while and decided now was a good time to post and introduce myself. Looking forward to getting on the EV bandwagon!

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Welcome! Can you tell us what convinced you to order a Tesla (S or X?) and what your vehicle configuration is?

3. zarkuu

zarkuu Member

S 85D, Titanium, Pano Roof, Tan Next Gen, Autopilot, Premium Interior, Air Suspension, Subzero Package. I've been interested in Tesla for a while but it was a test drive from their recent I-90 tour that really convinced me (and more imporantly the wife) to go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add dual chargers, premium center console, parcel shelf and all weather floor mats.

4. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Have you met any of the other Bozeman owners? I know DrGuest at least is here on TMC...

5. gnelson

gnelson Member

It is probably good that you waited until an AWD Tesla was available. I drove through MT in June and didn't see any other Model S while in the state. I used all the Superchargers even though I could have skipped the one in Superior. I spent the night in Bozeman at the Hilton Garden Inn where they had a Supercharger. I grew up in Roundup and charged at an RV park there for $5. I could have skipped the RV park, but it was good to have more peace of mind. I drove from Billings to Lewistown and down to Big Timber to use the Supercharger there.

6. zarkuu

zarkuu Member

I haven't met any Bozeman owners yet but I have been loitering around the SC and met some nice out of town owners. I'm sure I will once I take delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the dual motors plus the growing number of SC made it seem like a good time to jump in.

7. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

Welcome Zarkuu! Dr Guest here. Stevezzzz pointed me to this thread. I am a Chiropractor here in Bozeman. We will soon have to see if we can get a local gathering together sometime, Your's will be the 7 th Model S in Bozeman! I have a Dolphin Grey S85 ( Montana License plate, MODEL S) that arrived December 16, 2013 and was the only Model S until June of 2014 when a dark green S85 was delivered to an MD in Bozeman. A Pearl White P85D arrived in May 2015, A Blue P85D arrived in June of 2015, A new metallic Grey 70D arrived in August with a Bike rack on the rear bumper, In Sepetember Stevezzzz's Son arrived at MSU with a Signature P85+ and now your titanium 85D. I personally know 3 of the owners and we have talked or met for lunch. Feel free to look me up and we could meet if you would like to. I have found some pretty sweet places to drive in the almost 2 years since my Model S arrived.

8. Oba

Oba Member

I'll be driving through Bozeman in mid October, hopefully we can meet a few locals.

9. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

I'd love to see it when it gets here, it really sounds like a Beauty!

10. zarkuu

zarkuu Member

Took delivery at the Flying J in Belgrade Tuesday evening. Been having fun with it ever since. Would love to meet up with you guys sometime. I am still waiting for my HPWC to be hooked up so I'm hanging out at the SC a lot these days.

11. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

We learned this morning that the Gillete Supercharger just came on line. Let me know when your Bozeman mini-gathering is to take place and I'll try to make it; it'll be a good excuse to visit my son...who's driving my old Sig Red S85 (old!!?), not a P85+.

12. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

Hi Steve, We have a Guest Room upstairs with it's own bath if you need a place to stay for a couple nights, just let us know if it could help you out when you come visit sometime. Now that Gillette is open, I wonder if someone can Set a new cross country record from Seattle to New York, should be shorter and thus faster!
    I just went down to Yellowstone over the weekend, twice! the NorthWest Entrance Saturday and the West Yellowstone entrance on Sunday. I established an easy charge in West Yellowstone with Justin at the Fort Jax RV park. I went almost to Old Faithful. Still no Public EV charging in Yellowstone, the ranger's did not have any idea about when, or where, yet. I bought a Year pass and have been having fun seeing how far into the Parks I can go and still get home. It would be really great if they get some charging put in next year. They are supposed to have 5 areas with chargers, Each Entrance and Old Faithful, eventually. Elon named his car, Old Faithful.
    Always nice to hear from you.
    Sincerely,
    Gary

13. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Well of course Dr. Guest has a Guest Room. Quite a number of them, I am sure.