Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Morris County, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just placed an order for a P85, pretty much fully loaded up except for the + option. Also stuck with 19" wheels - our road departments love force feeding salt to the pot-hole demons. Great buying experience at Short Hills Mall. Took the "extended test drive" and inadvertently hit triple digits on a pass. WHOOPS!!

Been following TM since the roadster came out. We're shareholders as well, in early (smug smile - sorry). IMO Tesla is paradigm shift and while not an early adopter, I see a bright future for EV's if other automakers make similar EV's that can connect at emotional and rational levels to a knowledgeable and sophisticated consumer.

Ahh - and now the pain of waiting until Feb /Mar.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your car. You will love it.

You might like my license plate.

AMPD License plate.JPG

Thanks for the warm welcomes. AmpedUP - sorry I didn't see your name come up when I was registering or I would have put a little more distance between us. But truly apropos on a few levels. My wife and daughter were helping me pick a vanity plate name if I go that route and that was the frontrunner. Looks like a fellow Jerseyan had a similar idea!!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes. AmpedUP - sorry I didn't see your name come up when I was registering or I would have put a little more distance between us. But truly apropos on a few levels. My wife and daughter were helping me pick a vanity plate name if I go that route and that was the frontrunner. Looks like a fellow Jerseyan had a similar idea!!!

I am in Bergen County waiting on the Model X to make the final decision. I almost took the Multi coat Red from them. Got a big financial item blocking me though.

Just placed an order for a P85, pretty much fully loaded up except for the + option. Also stuck with 19" wheels - our road departments love force feeding salt to the pot-hole demons. Great buying experience at Short Hills Mall. Took the "extended test drive" and inadvertently hit triple digits on a pass. WHOOPS!!

Been following TM since the roadster came out. We're shareholders as well, in early (smug smile - sorry). IMO Tesla is paradigm shift and while not an early adopter, I see a bright future for EV's if other automakers make similar EV's that can connect at emotional and rational levels to a knowledgeable and sophisticated consumer.

Ahh - and now the pain of waiting until Feb /Mar.

Hey there, also a Morris County Tesla owner in waiting .... the guys at the SH Mall were fantastic. I've seen a handful driving around but still quite a rare experience! Keep us up on status changes, etc. Congrats!

Hey there, also a Morris County Tesla owner in waiting .... the guys at the SH Mall were fantastic. I've seen a handful driving around but still quite a rare experience! Keep us up on status changes, etc. Congrats!

Got my black beauty on Saturday - right on schedule. The guys at the Springfield Service center where you get the car were excellent as well. Young, hip, knowledgeable and friendly. I have only one question for those in the community who have owned for a while " Does the thrill ever wear off????" Brought it to work and took a colleague for a ride. He said later that the torque acceleration plastered his eyeballs to the back of his skull. It is a beast, yet rides very smooth at legal speeds. Controls are all intuitive - and easy to operate after a few drives. And the Tesla App is brilliant. You'll see!

Congrats on the new car Amped-Up...what, no pictures from the proud Daddy.

As far as the thrill, it is still there for me after 9 month...though this winter has been terrible. I was not willing to just go for a ride lately, plus it my car has been mostly dirty for 4 months now, with all the salt and snow on the streets.

062.JPG
063.JPG

Thanks NJPlugin. Nice afternoon for a ride in the country. Let a friend drive and we stopped here to switch. Swear we didn't pose the car - we got out and both said - "Damn that's a nice photo". So here they are! Happy driving.

Attachments

• 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 154
Hello fellow NJ folks. I've read some concerns about front license plate installation. I'm picking up my beauty on Saturday in Springfield. Anything I need to do about the front license plate?

109396 Model S 70D | Pearl White | Pano Roof | 19" Wheels | Tan Leather Seats | Piano Black | Black Alcantara Headliner | Autopilot | Premium Interior & Lighting |

After a year and a half with no front plate, I recently got stopped by a State Trooper on I80. He was pretty cool about it when I was truthful and I told him the car looked better without it. Did get a written warning though. I installed plate below nose cone with black zip ties and some 1/2" EMT clamps fastened to the back of the plastic mounting plate. I figure there's enough open space for the cooling coils. No way I'm drilling the nose and it looks awful regardless. You have an AP sensor dead center below the nose cone. I would probably just mount plate to the side if it doesn't interfere with anything else. .Search these forums - lots of info.

Enjoy your ride and welcome to the Tesla family.

Hello fellow NJ folks. I've read some concerns about front license plate installation. I'm picking up my beauty on Saturday in Springfield. Anything I need to do about the front license plate?

109396 Model S 70D | Pearl White | Pano Roof | 19" Wheels | Tan Leather Seats | Piano Black | Black Alcantara Headliner | Autopilot | Premium Interior & Lighting |

I just drilled the nose cone and installed it. Takes like two minutes. The car is likely to spend its whole life registered in NJ, so I don't see any reason to go to the effort of mounting it a different way. If its ever really an issue a new nose cone is not that expensive. I know lots of people run without front plates, but its not worth the stress/hassle for me. I don't care that much how my car looks, its a 7 seat sedan, not a Ferrari.