Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Northern California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrskahn

OD 8/11 MYLR Silver/Black Int/7 Seat/Tow
Aug 12, 2021
California
Hi,

I just found this forum a few days ago and am overwhelmed with so many questions 😩

Here’s my info- still learning all the abbreviations
Order 8/11 Model Y, Metallic Silver, Black Interior, 7 seat, Tow Hitch
Choose Tesla financing, approved through JP Morgan
Delivery date estimate: 12/15-1/14

ok here’s my questions:
1) what are all the acronyms lol
2) Is the delivery date really bogus? Reading everyone’s horror stories is diminishing my excitement
3) If I accepted financing already and am waiting for the agreement button to be clickable, does this take a while?
4) I’ve been reading about people’s loans expiring, should I have not applied for financing yet?
5) what’s the easiest way to navigate this forum for newby’s?

thanks for all the help, I was so excited and now this site has me freaked out 😩

Just take a few deep breaths.

1) Which acronyms?
2) Yes, your delivery date will jump all over the place. You'll need to be Zen about it, and trust that eventually your VIN will come. Sometimes it happens quickly, like it did for me, but there are plenty of people who have been waiting 4 or 5 months. No one will be able to tell you why that is, and no one will be able to tell you when your turn will come. Just be patient, and try not to check your account too often.
3) Yes, it can take a while. Peoples' experiences vary.
4) Personally I think you improve your chances of getting your delivery earlier if you have financing, insurance, etc. in place, but who knows. You may need to get re-approved if it takes too long to get your delivery, so don't go making any big purchases for a while.
5) Probably start with the sticky posts, and then you can look at just the Model Y forums or open the firehose and see all the new posts. I usually use the "new posts" link and just scan it for interesting things, but you should use the search function to get your questions answered before posting duplicate questions and you'll probably find most people are pleasant and helpful

Welcome to the Tesla family!

Just take a few deep breaths.

1) Which acronyms?
2) Yes, your delivery date will jump all over the place. You'll need to be Zen about it, and trust that eventually your VIN will come. Sometimes it happens quickly, like it did for me, but there are plenty of people who have been waiting 4 or 5 months. No one will be able to tell you why that is, and no one will be able to tell you when your turn will come. Just be patient, and try not to check your account too often.
3) Yes, it can take a while. Peoples' experiences vary.
4) Personally I think you improve your chances of getting your delivery earlier if you have financing, insurance, etc. in place, but who knows. You may need to get re-approved if it takes too long to get your delivery, so don't go making any big purchases for a while.
5) Probably start with the sticky posts, and then you can look at just the Model Y forums or open the firehose and see all the new posts. I usually use the "new posts" link and just scan it for interesting things, but you should use the search function to get your questions answered before posting duplicate questions and you'll probably find most people are pleasant and helpful

Welcome to the Tesla family!
Thanks so much, I’m in no hurry but excited.