TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Norway :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ebbrey, Dec 30, 2012.

1. ebbrey

ebbrey Member

Hello forum!

Jumped on Model S reservation today :) Just finished transferring the money so, now the waiting begins.

Im going to use the car for work mostly, as i drive about 200km every day. Gonna be fun to see if this works, going to be a gold mine :p

Anyway, happy new year

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Welcome to the forum, ebbrey! And congrats on your S reservation.

3. ebbrey

ebbrey Member

Thank you :)

4. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Vølkommin te gards!

Have a good time and enjoy all our Great discussions (so great they deserve a capital G).

For discussions that will never compete with this forum, have you checked out elbilforum.no for the native news munchies?

_____
    Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

5. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I assume you are going for the 85kwh? Since you'll be using the cabin heater quit often in the north you better have some extra juice with you.

6. ebbrey

ebbrey Member

Thx :)

Yeah i am on that forum too

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah ive read the whole thread, awaiting info from TM and hope they fix that stuff.

Reservation is fully refundable so didnt see the harm in jumping in

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah im going for the 85kwh :) Hell, more if it was avaiable

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Annnnd ... the moderators just put you on the 'realistic, not overreactive' list. Welcome!

8. ebbrey

ebbrey Member

Hehe thx :)

9. Ole

Ole Member

Another Norwegian here.

I believe there will be more of us - the Model S costs less than half of what a comparable ICE car would cost in Norway.

I've read all the cold weather warnings, and hope that the worst bugs can be ironed out and the rest will be irrelevant: We're not normally very bothered by winter cold here on the west coast of Norway. More like "winter wet dark and miserable". Fogging may be a problem, frozen doors and plug not likely.

Ole i Bergen

10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Just thought I'd put my two cents in on medved's post:

I haven't seen evidence for this with the current firmware.

Traction control does need some tweaks. That said better snow tires will probably solve this problem - the standard Pirellis drive like all seasons. Option to drive while the car is raised a little would be nice.

Huh? Non-issue - no better or worse than any other car I've ever driven. It has a very effective defogger, and unlike many cars I've owned, once defogged it tends to stay defogged.

Yes this is an issue. The windshield is annoying but not dangerous. The side window is an issue but easily fixed for now with a hand scraper. Only happens in severely humid and cold conditions (i.e. snowstorm).

Minor and easily pried open with a fingernail. Tip: If you bang on the back of the door with your closed fist it will pop open.

Haven't had this happen.

That's what I use my 110V outlet for. The car doesn't keep the pack warm when not charging though, but this can be fixed in firmware (like it was for the Roadster some time ago). For now I work around this by deliberately parking with the pack not full and plugging into 110V for the night.

Repeat of earlier point - haven't seen this.

Haven't had a problem so far.

This is wrong. IF the pack is completely cold soaked it does take this much power at first. This is due to the battery heater in operation. Once the pack warms up the Wh/km drop to the 250 range when driving at 90 kph with moderate cabin heat. Easily resolved by charging before you leave. See 110V trick above.

11. ebbrey

ebbrey Member

Hey

Yeah not having to pay half the price in tax is sweet. I dont mind the "winter" stuff that much myself, we tend to have some cold months but i will be alright. I'll have it in a garage heated up and ill get something to plug it in at work and im fine. Some of the driving reports are very "encouraging" off course 4wd would be damn sweet, but a couple of dedicated 19" rims with hakapeliita R's and some careful driving on straight road and my insurance company/policy wont get a big hit either.

- - - Updated - - -

Thx for your input on that list!

I think the "wipers that cant retract" is that you cant flip them 90 degress because of the wiper park position under the bonnet? So if there is ice here and you cant remove it since the wipers are in the way, that it may damage the wiper motor.
    Many of these things could be fixed with a simple "winter setting option" from suspension/tc to how windows automaticly open if you are near with a key etc. Im happy many issues can be fixed with software.