Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Portland, Oregon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Wonderful Tesla Enthusiasts,

I wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Naif Faris from Portland, Oregon. I am very familiar with the aesthetics of the Tesla including paint and interior maintenance. If you ever have any questions about the maintenance of your vehicle, I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Consider me your resource for detailing advice if needed.

Thank you!

Naif Faris

Attachments

• 20160527_165223(1).jpg
    20160527_165223(1).jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 49
Thank you! As convenient as car washes are, I would avoid them at all costs. The spinning brushes have been picking up dirt and debris (sometimes gravel) from previous cars. The dirt that remaining on the brushes spinning at high speeds will cause swirl marks and circular swirls on your vehicle's finish. The brushless car washes use heavy degreasers to remove the dirt build up. These harsh chemicals tend to cause fading on the plastics seen around the wheel wells and under body areas. Hope that helped!

Welcome to the forum. Is it safe to run a Tesla through a car wash with spinning brushes?
Welcome to the forum. Is it safe to run a Tesla through a car wash with spinning brushes?