TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hello from Portland, Oregon!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NJFARISX, Jan 12, 2017.

1. NJFARISX

NJFARISX New Member

Hello Wonderful Tesla Enthusiasts,

I wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Naif Faris from Portland, Oregon. I am very familiar with the aesthetics of the Tesla including paint and interior maintenance. If you ever have any questions about the maintenance of your vehicle, I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Consider me your resource for detailing advice if needed.

Thank you!

Naif Faris

Attached Files:

2. Ormond

Ormond Member

Welcome to the forum. Is it safe to run a Tesla through a car wash with spinning brushes?

3. NJFARISX

NJFARISX New Member

Thank you! As convenient as car washes are, I would avoid them at all costs. The spinning brushes have been picking up dirt and debris (sometimes gravel) from previous cars. The dirt that remaining on the brushes spinning at high speeds will cause swirl marks and circular swirls on your vehicle's finish. The brushless car washes use heavy degreasers to remove the dirt build up. These harsh chemicals tend to cause fading on the plastics seen around the wheel wells and under body areas. Hope that helped!