TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dflye, Jul 11, 2012.

1. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

Hi, my name is Dan; got in line for a Sig last August (#414), delayed finishing configuration process until the absolute last day (when we were traveling to DC over the 4th, so got a chance to check out paint / interior colors in person, plus with a tiny bit of arm-twisting the salesman convinced wife we needed to upgrade to Perf! :wink:)

Looking forward to taking a test drive in Gaithersburg MD this weekend, but not as much as looking forward to delivery in the fall! :biggrin:

From perusing the World Map, apparently 3 others in the RTP area, was expecting to see more, not sure if there is a metric on the ratio of reservation holders to push-pins (assuming it is > 1:1, just not sure how much)

Going to be hard to get any work done waiting for this weekend! :eek:

2. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Glad to have you on the forums Dan. I'm sure once we get a few cars driving around here, reservations from our area will spike. We've got lots of high tech people with plenty of money.

3. Bearman

Bearman Member

4. dflye

Thanks for the link! That makes a comment made by Shaun (I think he is the store mgr) when we visited the DC showroom sound more realistic -- that Tesla would perhaps lean towards a showroom in the RTP area over Charlotte when they get around to setting up shop in NC.

5. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

You might be interested in this: Raleigh, NC Service Center

6. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Dan, I was just checking out your pin on the world reservation map. I see you placed it at the Leesville exit off I-540. I actually live in Lennox at Briar Creek, we are practically neighbors!

7. dflye

That is indeed pretty close by; we live a bit north of the pinned exit in the Barton's Creek Bluffs subdivision, so the Brier Creek area is our primary shopping / entertainment destination.

Having multiple Model S's in the area will hopefully draw in more enthusiasts!

8. favo

favo Model 3 Reservation Holder

#8 favo, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    The Triangle is pretty close to halfway between DC and Atlanta, so that's another reason to put a showroom here. Plus, on one of their maps of future store locations there was a dot in the middle of NC. And the service center being here (hopefully soon) is another strong indicator. I have talked to several people who are interested in Model S, but were wary of having no service options nearby. Once we get some more details, I think people will definitely commit.