Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from San Antonio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All. First post on this forum. I am a day one reservation holder anxiously awaiting an invitation to configure my 3. Currently drive a 2011 A4 with 101,000 miles which the 3 will be replacing. I am addicted to the "Production Photos" thread in the 3 forum and my color choice changes every day!

Hope to contribute and learn from this forum!

Welcome! Have you decided on getting the RWD Long range, or are you waiting for another model?

I originally wanted the dual motor, but that seems like it will take too long and I don't want an unexpected maintenance bill on the Audi while I wait..... so RWD Long Range it is!

I was on the fence on whether to buy a MS 75D a couple months back, but after the 310 mile range was announced I decided the 3 was the way to go - Especially since we don't have the best Supercharging infrastructure in South Texas.

Reactions: Callahan
I originally wanted the dual motor, but that seems like it will take too long and I don't want an unexpected maintenance bill on the Audi while I wait..... so RWD Long Range it is!

I was on the fence on whether to buy a MS 75D a couple months back, but after the 310 mile range was announced I decided the 3 was the way to go - Especially since we don't have the best Supercharging infrastructure in South Texas.
More range can't hurt! The Supercharger situation is definitely improving. Hopefully they will start construction on the first SA installation soon.

We have an M3 reservation but haven't gotten the invite yet, either. We will probably pass, anyway. Would have preferred a smaller car than the MS, but you get used to it. I doubt the dual motor makes much difference other than a little more range. Really we just kept the reservation on the off chance that they would sanction towing with the M3, but it looks like that's a no (unless it will be a dual motor only feature).

Hello from another Texan waiting on a Model 3. What is Tesla giving you for a delivery window? I am a non-owner and ordered on Day 3 with a March - May delivery estimate for a LR & PUP config.

My window was Nov - Jan. Then updated to Dec - Feb. With current owners in SoCal just starting to get their invites, I don't think Feb will happen, more likely March for me. Interesting that 2 days moved your window back 3 months!

Hey @MarkinArch! I'm in the same boat as you, Day 1 reservation holder over here in Los Angeles. Can't wait for my RWD LR model, but I'm wondering how accurate my December-February estimate is still is...

Well at least you are in LA. My speculation is that you have a decent chance of getting your car sometime in February, especially if they are now producing around 1000 cars a week. Tesla should update their delivery estimator to reflect their current production volume....

Reactions: Callahan