Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from San Diego!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody!!!

I'm Brandon, and just put a deposit to order a Model 3 Long Range 3 days ago and I'm already jumping into the forum head first. I come to the Tesla world from the BMW world via the Subaru world. The move is out of pure necessity. My e90 has 175k miles, is on it's last leg, and my commute recently went from 20 miles round trip to 84 miles. I'm incredibly excited for my M3LR, first because it is my first BRAND NEW car, and second I'm excited to stop spending $600+ a month on gas. I do have solar on my home and already have a 220 watt, 60 amp circuit with a NEMA 6-50 plug that I plan on using to charge the vehicle. I'm debating on buying the wall connector and wiring a plug to it as I use that outlet for my welder and cannot lose function of that outlet. I have seen the videos on youtube on how to wire up a plug to the wall connector, but I am looking for pros and cons from the experts on doing so.

I'm also looking for a list of things to look for before accepting delivery of a car as well as a list of the must have or at least the most popular accessories. No need to type out all the info if you dont want, a link is just fine.

Also, I do plan on tinting the windows and adding paint protection film, however I am unsure of whether I should just do the front of the car or the whole car. I do plan on keeping this car until close to the end 120k mileage warranty, possibly after. So I don't mind the expense for the full wrap now IF needed.

Lastly, I do all my own maintenance and modifications to my personal vehicles and I'm planning on picking up the eibach pro kit plus and installing it myself. From the little I have seen, apparently jacking up a Model 3 takes levitation skills, stars aligning and sacrificing a goat. Again if I could get an explanation or a link to the info that would be awesome!

Thanks!!!