TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from San Diego

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zippyzop, Jul 25, 2012.

1. zippyzop

zippyzop Member

Hi group... made my reservation on 7/5 for the S (#10,070). Really, really excited for a springish delivery.

Anyone heard anything about a San Diego store/service center?

2. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

Welcome ... Yes SD store in Fashion Valley mall no date yet but maybe before year end.

3. Dino Saver

Dino Saver Member

Hi to you, from #10,349 (or maybe 369? i can't remember). I'm also in (North) San Diego. No chargeless trips to LA for us, but still a great vehicle.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Many of use drive to San Diego and back from LA in a Roadster.

5. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

The Tesla job opening site still says that the San Diego store will be in Fashion Valley, but others have heard the store may be in the UTC mall, which is undergoing a BILLION dollar renovation.

6. Dino Saver

Dino Saver Member

vfx, can you share more? I'm unclear how you make that trip b/c SAN to LAX is 125 miles. According to these conditions: http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/roadster-efficiency-and-range, you might expect 175M from a new Roadster battery at 70mph (40 in LA, 110 around San Onofre!). Just to make sure we're comparing apples to apples, I did say chargeless trip. Did your response assume a (nearly full) charge when you reach the opposing city? Thanks.

7. DRM

DRM Roadster #619

Welcome!
    I'm in Del Mar (if anyone needs a charge next to the fairgrounds), but have done the LAX-San Diego trip a few times. The trip is just over 100 miles from North County and can be done as long as you *don't* drive 70mph. Unfortunately, this is rarely a problem on the 405...

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Fair question.
    It's not possible at 70MPH More like 50-55 with a lot of drafting for a chargeless trip. That said, once at the other end we have a lot more options to plug in than we did even a year ago. A 85 Model S should be cake.

Drafting is magic!

9. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

I have a NEMA 14-50 on my driveway in Carlsbad that I need to add to PlugShare...

10. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

I was told that both sites were in the running but since the Fashion Valley Mall is on the Tesla jobs site, seems like they have already decided.

11. Dino Saver

Dino Saver Member

A minor San Diego follow-up, I was driving along Manchester Rd. behind a blue BMW Z4 this morning with the license plate [heart]MYTSLA. Which one of you guys was that?

12. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

Sounds like someone grabbed that plate in anticipation of their S being delivered, and will transfer it later. I know there are a few Encinitas/Carlsbad flags on the reservation map...