TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Hello from Sandy Hook, CT

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shelbri, Jun 1, 2014.

1. shelbri

shelbri Member

May 27, 2014
    Sandy Hook, CT
    I have been watching the development of Tesla for awhile now. My current car is a 2010 Prius which I bought 4 years ago because I was intrigued by the technology and wanted to see if I could really get 50mpg. Well after 4 years of ownership, I can confirm that the Prius has lived up to expectations but it is now time to move on. The idea of all electric is very exciting but concerning as well as I drive about 22.5k miles/yr.

Two weeks ago, I scheduled a test drive of the Tesla and was very impressed. I liked everything about it except the price. While I can afford the car, I have never been a flashy person. Unsure about pulling the trigger, I got home that evening and discussed with the family. I raved about the performance, comfort and capabilities of the car. I asked my wife to take it for a test drive and on Memorial Day she had the time to stop by and go for a spin. I was not with her. I got a text from her after the appointment saying the test drive was "interesting" and we would talk more that evening.

That evening, she and my daughter showed me all the stuff that bought at the Westchester mall and then showed me all the Tesla swag that got as well (hat, key chains, and travel mug.) I was mad that they got the swag during their test drive when I got nothing. That is when my wife explained, "you only get the swag after you buy the car. Happy birthday!!" :biggrin::scared:

After significant consideration and review of posts on this forum, I will be hitting the CONFIRM button and placing my order. Deliver is indicated as September but I will think October to avoid disappointment (and perhaps get a pleasant surprise.)
  2. Lump

Lump Active Member

Mar 31, 2013
    So. Cal.
    Congrats...thats some wife you got there.
  3. Vger

Vger Active Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
    +1! What a great surprise! The great thing about the Tesla experience, is that even if you are blown away by the test drive, as most people are, you are still just getting a nibble at the apple. The whole ownership experience just keeps getting better over time and miles. As someone with 18 months and 32,000 miles of ownership, I can comfortably predict that you will be a VERY happy family for years to come. Bravo!

P.S. Now you see why Tesla puts their stores in malls-- so convenient when the wife and daughter are in the mood to buy! :wink:
  4. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Awesome story! The deposit on my Model S was on Valentine's Day a few years ago. That is why the car is Sig Red.
    That was the best Valentines gift ever.