TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hello from Seattle

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ferdboyce, Jun 22, 2014.

1. ferdboyce

ferdboyce Member

I picked up my lovely grey Model S85 at the new delivery center on Nov. 5, and wasn't it a terrific early birthday present. We've been traveling ever since, and now have nearly 9000 miles logged. This from an old retired fart that hasn't driven more than 5000 miles/yr. in the last 10 . . . I can't believe how much I love this . . . I was gonna say "car" but calling the Model S a car is like calling the USS Enterprise a boat!

It's truly hard to say what's best in the MS . . . no emissions - great! . . . not buying gas - also cool . . . but honestly, it's that incredible feeling of power underneath the "juice" pedal. One doesn't have to really "punch it" (that's just showing off), only a gentle press on the pedal and that awesome feeling of unleashed power exudes through the seat back, and the wheel, and of course, through you. Marlene Dietrich sang it . .. "Falling in Love Again . . . What am I to Do". I know, let's go somewhere . . .

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're well and truly in love.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Congrats and welcome. It's definitely a great area to drive around!

4. aja2460

aja2460 Old Member

Old retired guy coffee or lunch some time?

5. Vger

Vger Active Member

As I have said before on this forum, the coolest thing about the Model S is that, despite the euphoria at the beginning, the ownership experience just keeps getting better over time. I have never had that experience with a car before.

6. romac

romac Member

Thanks is for the great review. We took another test drive today and am looking forward to enjoying our Model S as much as you.

Happy driving.

7. SeattleSid

SeattleSid Member

Another old retired Seattle area guy here. I feel the same way. I hadn't driven for a couple of days for various reasons, and got to the point I couldn't stand it anymore. Took it out for a ride and immediately felt the same pleasure you described, yet again. It's better (maybe not cheaper, but better) than therapy.