Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Silicon Valley

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

First post here after my first few hours on the site!! Just moved to Sunnyvale from Santa Monica, and in less than one week I should be sitting in traffic in my deep blue long range dual motor Model 3!! Obviously pretty excited... did a deep dive down the TMC rabbit hole and have found myself posting this intro at about 2 am...

A few car clues about me: I've never owned a piston engine vehicle. Bought my first and only car about more than a decade ago after college in her first model year and she's been serving me faithfully since then (flooded only 2 or 3 times). Will be trading her in for something much greener and with much more torque!! Anyone wanna take a stab at my current daily driver?? Should be pretty obvious... the screen name should be a tip off.

Anyways, looking forward to doing all kinds of things to my future M3. Self-installing the HPWC this weekend and will need to find someone for tint and paint protection right off the bat. Maybe Ceramic Pro too, various interior cosmetics like a center console wrap, and a one man stealth hitch install... haven't been this excited in years!!

Off to sleep!!

- NomoRoto

p.s. note to self, will also need some rear seat protection for this ridiculous mutt...
20150209_161347.jpg

Looking for your pics and to hear how things are going. I’m sure SF Bay area traffic is no worse than southern Calif. BTW you might enjoy looking into a few of the Tesla clubs in the area, some are private and you’ll need to email owner to join. Not much going on with winter now but last year had fun road touring and meeting up with other owners to places we hadn’t been. Great way to explore this part of Calif too. Check out Events on the forum to see some of the meetups that took place.

Hey everyone,

First post here after my first few hours on the site!! Just moved to Sunnyvale from Santa Monica, and in less than one week I should be sitting in traffic in my deep blue long range dual motor Model 3!! Obviously pretty excited... did a deep dive down the TMC rabbit hole and have found myself posting this intro at about 2 am...

A few car clues about me: I've never owned a piston engine vehicle. Bought my first and only car about more than a decade ago after college in her first model year and she's been serving me faithfully since then (flooded only 2 or 3 times). Will be trading her in for something much greener and with much more torque!! Anyone wanna take a stab at my current daily driver?? Should be pretty obvious... the screen name should be a tip off.

Anyways, looking forward to doing all kinds of things to my future M3. Self-installing the HPWC this weekend and will need to find someone for tint and paint protection right off the bat. Maybe Ceramic Pro too, various interior cosmetics like a center console wrap, and a one man stealth hitch install... haven't been this excited in years!!

Off to sleep!!

- NomoRoto

p.s. note to self, will also need some rear seat protection for this ridiculous mutt...View attachment 336792 ...
Rotary engines still have piston function, just not in traditional Otto cycle, or Atkinson, or two-cycle. FWIW my first rotary experience was an NSU Ro80, the second one a Mazda R100.