TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hello From Southern California

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by K3Man, Jun 26, 2018.

1. K3Man

K3Man Member

Hello Everyone!

Don't own yet but am in the process of buying. Looking seriously at a Model X 100D and have now test driven one and LOVE IT!

The wife is taking a bit of convincing but she's softening up on her reluctance of the idea.

Was directed here by my neighbor who is an S owner and am glad I found the site. Reading all the opinions and experiences of everyone here really does help me (and us) get more familiar with EVs.

We took our first test drive and while chatting with the Owner's Advisor afterward he just calmly asked if we would like to take the car for an "extended test drive." How could we resist? Took the car home then took a bit of an extended drive into the desert just to experience a longer drive and getting experience with EAP, then back to a Supercharger for my first solo-supercharging session.

• Like x 2
  2. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

HI!
    :)

3. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

Welcome!

Bruce.

4. arcus

arcus Active Member

Welcome! If you have any questions about ownership experience this is the place to ask.

5. K3Man

K3Man Member

We just pulled the trigger on our first Tesla, and for that matter, our first ever EV!

We ordered a MX 100D, silver with cream interior, EAP, but no full auto-driving.

Did it mostly over the phone with the manager at the Brea CA showroom, even though I know I could have done everything online. Was fun talking with them and was even better hearing them say - "Welcome to the family!"

So, we're now looking at an August delivery date.

Very exciting!

• Like x 1
  6. Pbaker

Pbaker Supporting Member

Welcome!

And Congratulations!!

7. K3Man

K3Man Member

Thanks, Pbaker!

Enjoy the swag! ;):D

8. K3Man

K3Man Member