TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Southern Maryland about to make a cross country trip...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DadsP85, Jun 25, 2016.

1. DadsP85

DadsP85 Member

Hello everyone,

So glad to be here and be part of the Tesla community.
    I have been a big fan of Tesla since they were located in San Carlos CA developing the Roadster. This is where I used to live and I remember seeing the cars being test driven along Industrial Road.

I'll be posting the following to an off-topic thread: "Cross Country Tribute - Driving P85"

Recently my father (a retired software engineer for HP) passed away and left me his Tesla Model S P85.
    I will be picking up the car next week and making the drive across the country using the Super Charger Network as a tribute to my father, technology, and the pursuit of a sustainable future.
    My father wanted to make the trip but was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer about 3 months ago and was not able to make the trip from Sunnyvale CA to Southern MD. My brother and I are going to make the trip starting on July 3rd.

Cheers,
    Jeff "DadsP85"

• Like x 4
  2. Woodland1

Woodland1 Member

Travel safely and let us know your progress. If you pass through the Mishawaka supercharger, I'd love to share a toast to your dad and his support of the Tesla vision. I lost my dad before the Model S was released, and often think of how he'd have marveled at the technology we drive today! Best wishes for an uneventful (but exciting) cross-country journey.

3. DadsP85

DadsP85 Member

Thank you Woodland1,
    I'm not sure about Mishawaka but if all goes well we will be stopping at the Indianapolis Super Charger on July 7th and/or 8th:
    5120 Victory Dr
    Indianapolis, IN 46201

Cheers,
    Jeff
    "DadsP85"

4. mczajka

mczajka Member

Sorry to hear about your dad. Would love to meet you when you get back. I live in Waldorf.

5. DadsP85

DadsP85 Member

Thanks for the reply Mark. I've seen a few Model S' in and around Lexington Park. I will be spending my first day back at the MVA transferring the title and getting tags.

Cheers,
    Jeff

6. Atlantan

Atlantan Member

Sorry to hear about your dad. Have a great trip and be safe.

7. mczajka

mczajka Member

#7 mczajka, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Great! There are a few members in my group that live in So. MD. I believe one, Bryan (P85), lives down your way.

8. artisjr

artisjr Member

I too am sorry about your father. I also live in Southern Maryland. I have a 70D. Would like for us to get together soon!