Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Sunnyvale CA and look forward to Model S road noise reports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ORB

Jun 22, 2012
Hello all,

I've been lurking since reserving my Model S (P7998) and finally decided to jump in. I do LabVIEW software consulting and enjoy hiking and following electrical and electronics technology. I was only lukewarm about replacing my Camry (14 yrs old) until I got excited about the 'S, it'll be a perfect fit for my interests and driving habits.

Just for fun I drove up Hwy 880 tonight between the Dixon Landing and Warren Ave. exits to check out the road noise in my Camry, judged it to be low to moderate in this stretch. I'd be really keen and appreciative if you Model S test drivers happen to note the qualitative amount of road noise (or lack of it) as you drive this stretch of Hwy 880 this weekend, as compared with the car you drive now.

Based on the favorable Motor Trend first look article just posted today, I'm hoping that the air suspension and other design features will result in a significant road noise improvement for me, as almost all the noise I hear in the Camry comes from the tires coupling through the suspension and body (hardly hear the engine).

I've really enjoyed learning from everyone's knowledgeable posts. It's also fun seeing you people get excited like you were kids again! Look forward to a possible test drive spot in the July Fremont event.

Best regards,
Oliver Barrett