Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there

My name is Fermin, and my first Tesla should arrive in the next 2-3 weeks. It's a Model S 100D, midnight silver. I've added black interior, carbon fiber design, better auto pilot (no "preparation for full autonomous driving", though, since it's unclear when it will be legally allowed over here) and the premium upgrade package. I'd have added more, maybe, but the rest of the options like air suspension and glass roof are included in every Model S now. Also thanks to a friend I was able to get 1000 Swiss Francs off and, more important, free super charging.

As for me, I'm Swiss, live in Switzerland and I work in IT. So yes, a car with its own API key sounds quite interesting. One of the main reasons for getting a Tesla, actually, is the fact that I'm not buying a German car anymore in the foreseeable future. I've had quite a few Audis, currently I'm driving an Audi SQ5 TDI. It's not my intention to start a crusade here against German cars and/or petrol/diesel cars in general. Just to give some context. And after having driven a Lexus RX450H a few years back, I wasn't totally opposed to driving an electric car.

Of course, once I tested a Model S and experienced its acceleration... you all probably know how it went from there :)

I'm subscribed to a Tesla forum in Germany, as well, but thought I'd broaden the horizon a bit by spending some time in this forum, as well. And it helps passing the last 3 or so weeks. :):)

Regards
Fermin

Welcome Fermin! You will be very happy with your Model X. I had the pleasure of visiting Switzerland with my family last summer and I love your country! Thank you for supporting Tesla and helping to push German automakers toward electrification.

Congratulations, bienvenue, and wilkommen! Hope you enjoy your great new ride!

Thanks! I'm sure I will enjoy it - but it seems the days are getting longer again the nearer I get to the delivery date. :(:)
PS: Great job with the greetings in different languages, but you actually forgot two of our official languages there (Italian and Rumantsch) ;)

Welcome Fermin! You will be very happy with your Model X. I had the pleasure of visiting Switzerland with my family last summer and I love your country! Thank you for supporting Tesla and helping to push German automakers toward electrification.

Thank you. German car makers are moving to EV. But oh so slowly. When I can walk into a Tesla store and get an actual car that can be used on a daily basis delivered a few months later I'd expect something better from the "established car makers" than "we have a concept car, look at it, how pretty it is. And it will arrive in 2020." And it being a German car, prices will probably start well north of what a Tesla costs.

Again - this isn't a crusade or personal vendetta of mine against Audi & Co. I'm not even categorically excluding them from my list of cars to buy in the future. But things will definitely have to change for them to make that list again sometime in a few years. And I suspect that after having driven a Tesla for a few years, any petrol or diesel car won't look very sexy any more to me.

Oh, and I'm getting a Model S, not X. I tested the X, and coming from an SQ5 it would have been nice. But the S has a bit more range, and to me personally the Falcon Wing doors are more a "gimmick" than anything I'd want to have on my car. Too slow opening and closing in daily use, and I believe the mechanism is partially to blame for the not so perfect alignment for example of the front and rear door handles on the Model X. Say about the Germans what you will, but when it comes to build quality they know what they're doing. I feared that if I spent around 100k on a car and then had to look at misaligned door handles on my car for the next few years every time I walked to the car that it wouldn't exactly make me happy. It's not the most important thing in the world, I realise that, but whatever floats my boat, right? ;):D:D

Now if there was a Tesla Model X with sliding rear doors, similar to what some Mazda and VW vans have, I might have been tempted. Such a mechanism would probably also pose less challenges to alignment and build quality, since it's proven technology that has been implemented in numerous cars around the world. Maybe a slight contradiction, since buying a Tesla means buying a car that is unlike anything else. :confused::confused:

Reactions: EV-lutioin