Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Tesla county in far SW Houston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from Tesla county in far SW Houston.

I say that because where I live one cannot throw a stick without hitting a Tesla (on occasion some other EV).

In 2020 I would see a Tesla once a week. Then a couple times a week, then almost 1 every day, then to every day,
Suddenly in early 2021 I started seeing 2 or more Tesla's a day. As of this post my record is 9 Tesla's.

And yes, I am looking to get a Tesla too, this year (with help).

I looked at Hybrids when they came out decades ago (that long?!?!), but was not happy about the performance (a few gas cars actually outperformed them).
Then came the Leaf, but I was severely disappointed in it. It felt exactly like a gas car with an EV conversion, not a good design/operation for EV. I applaud Nissan to produce it and be the first, but like too many bold steps (*cough* GM EV1 *cough*) they did not learn and re-invent themselves. Pity. That said a close friend of mine got it 5 years ago and loves it, which is great. He also had better finances.

I saw my first Tesla S in, I think 2009. My Flight Medical doctor got it, and loved it. It looked cool, but at $100,000, juuuuust a bit out my league. (like, a LOT )

Still, one day I was going to go EV (even added 110v wall plug in garage for that day, yes, only for topping off).

Been watching Tesla for a few years now, and I am excited by the maturation of their cars.
I am very practical and careful shopper, so yes, Tesla is currently my top choice for EV. I am also an engineer and completely understand what Sandy Munro says about EV designs.
Here are 2 reasons why Tesla will remain the best EV for years, maybe decades.

1. Tesla is not stuck in gas engine world, their designs are slata raza.
2. They are constantly changing decisions and changing production during a year, while old car companies will keep same design in production for 5 years or more (see Leaf). Look at SpaceX Starship development. They don't care they are blowing up rockets, because they make thousands of changes which each new one they build. R&D change is insane.

I did go on about why I love Tesla, didn't I.
Fact I am here before I get a Tesla does show how much I study a subject.

More later.
Cheers!

Hello from Tesla county in far SW Houston.

I say that because where I live one cannot throw a stick without hitting a Tesla (on occasion some other EV).

In 2020 I would see a Tesla once a week. Then a couple times a week, then almost 1 every day, then to every day,
Suddenly in early 2021 I started seeing 2 or more Tesla's a day. As of this post my record is 9 Tesla's.

And yes, I am looking to get a Tesla too, this year (with help).

I looked at Hybrids when they came out decades ago (that long?!?!), but was not happy about the performance (a few gas cars actually outperformed them).
Then came the Leaf, but I was severely disappointed in it. It felt exactly like a gas car with an EV conversion, not a good design/operation for EV. I applaud Nissan to produce it and be the first, but like too many bold steps (*cough* GM EV1 *cough*) they did not learn and re-invent themselves. Pity. That said a close friend of mine got it 5 years ago and loves it, which is great. He also had better finances.

I saw my first Tesla S in, I think 2009. My Flight Medical doctor got it, and loved it. It looked cool, but at $100,000, juuuuust a bit out my league. (like, a LOT )

Still, one day I was going to go EV (even added 110v wall plug in garage for that day, yes, only for topping off).

Been watching Tesla for a few years now, and I am excited by the maturation of their cars.
I am very practical and careful shopper, so yes, Tesla is currently my top choice for EV. I am also an engineer and completely understand what Sandy Munro says about EV designs.
Here are 2 reasons why Tesla will remain the best EV for years, maybe decades.

1. Tesla is not stuck in gas engine world, their designs are slata raza.
2. They are constantly changing decisions and changing production during a year, while old car companies will keep same design in production for 5 years or more (see Leaf). Look at SpaceX Starship development. They don't care they are blowing up rockets, because they make thousands of changes which each new one they build. R&D change is insane.

I did go on about why I love Tesla, didn't I.
Fact I am here before I get a Tesla does show how much I study a subject.

More later.
Cheers!
Welcome! It's a shame the hoops you have to jump through to get a Tesla in Texas. Are you a flight nurse or RT?

I am active in a couple of other discussion forums, in fact TMC forum works almost identical to another computer rated forum I am very long time member of (20 years?). Pardon if I seen a bit know-it-all, the familiarity makes me a little bold.

As for Tesla car, January 2022 is the prime date, if the supply increases and price drops (I have to budget carefully).

Just and FYI, this will be my first ever new car. I have always purchased used (and been always excellent).
1977 Ford T-bird land-ship. IMHO a great car as it was just before quality fell though the floor, it was both a learning tool and a good ride. It was actually a surprise gift from parents in 1987.
1995 Toyota Corolla SW (purchase in 1998). Yes, a super rare US Station Wagon model, and nothing it could not do
2004 Toyota Corolla (purchase in 2006?). Solid and reliable.

I have regularly driven other cars, but those had my name on title. I have looked at buying new in past. Tesla will be my first ever NEW car.