Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, just purchased a 2015 S P90DL and just love it so far! I bought it online through the Tesla site so it came with the 4yr/50k warranty. I was hesitant buying used from Tesla reading some of the horror stories posted here but I have to say my experience was very smooth aside from some lack of communication from the delivery adviser. I flew to Orlando to pick up the car, uber'ed to the dealer (Orlando traffic and tolls... come on) but 5 minutes after arriving to the dealer, I was driving my car home back to Texas. The condition was exactly as described in the pictures (1 small ding in the front, some rock chips, and small bit of curb rash) but I'm pleased overall.

Between AP, supercharger placement and the comfortable ride, the trip back home was so easy. Been a car enthusiast all my life but Teslas won me over for a daily driver [my sports cars are still gonna be petrol powered :) ]. Super fast, practical, comfortable, looks good with the bonuses of being an EV with long range and AP. Looking forward to ownership!

IMG_20190321_163238.jpg
IMG_20190321_163222.jpg
IMG_20190324_205929.jpg

That's awesome!!! I'm a jealous man! Looking to do the exact same used ludi S set up in about a year. I have a ton of questions like- How much was it? Anything different with Texas taxes on an EV? Are the I10 superchargers 'super' convenient? I travel to NC quite a bit so this has always had me wondering. I think you need a few more posts before we can PM (private message, assuming you'd want to share any of that info), but dang!!!! Congratulations!

That's awesome!!! I'm a jealous man! Looking to do the exact same used ludi S set up in about a year. I have a ton of questions like- How much was it? Anything different with Texas taxes on an EV? Are the I10 superchargers 'super' convenient? I travel to NC quite a bit so this has always had me wondering. I think you need a few more posts before we can PM (private message, assuming you'd want to share any of that info), but dang!!!! Congratulations!

Most P90DLs range from $55k to $70k based on my research tracking them for about a month on ev-cpo. I paid on the lower end of that for mine with 33k miles, all the major options (subzero, air suspension, premium package, sound system), and one that lived its life in a warm climate. Blue and Red seem to carry a $2k premium even in the used market.

The I-10 superchargers are good overall but the ones in Texas I stopped in are not as nice as the ones in LA, AL, and FLA. For example, the east Houston / Channelview SC is just in a Holiday Inn parking lot with a hotel restaurant. Compared to Slidell, LA which was located in a giant shopping / restaurant area. As far as spacing goes, I felt like they were spaced out well, every 100-150 miles and I never felt like I was idling around but then again I don't mind taking restroom and stretching breaks every 1.5 - 2 hours. Feel free to PM me once I graduate to not being flagged as a newbie lol.

SW2Fiddler is correct I think regarding sales taxes as I still had to pay them.

• Love
Reactions: byeLT4