TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from the Bay Area

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by artthompson, Mar 22, 2016.

1. artthompson

artthompson Member

Hi! My wife and I just ordered our Model S 90D to replace our Chevy Volt. We are very excited about the upgrade.

2. Big24fan

Big24fan Member

How is the volt to drive every day ? I was going to get an ampera one of the last when we changed cars in 2015 but they stopped making them in uk so couldn't get one on lease but tried one out and loved it but was a bit dear to buy in 2012 when we looked at one wasn't until later the price came down a bit.

3. artthompson

artthompson Member

The volt was very nice. It worked for the daily mission, driving to and from work but was not great for longer trips.

4. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

If not already in possession, your wait should be ending soon. Welcome to the forums and to the Tesla Motors Club owners community! Look forward to bumping into you on the road or at one of the many superchargers during those inevitable road trips to come!

5. artthompson

artthompson Member

Thanks! We got it within two weeks of placing out order!

6. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Congrats! Wow, they can turn those out quick these days, let's hope they are ramping up the X orders too, so that fewer people remain waiting while more potential Model 3 buyers get in line...I wonder where we are at this week, 425k reserverations?

7. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Seriously?!? That's fast. Congratulations and (slightly belatedly) welcome to TMC!

From just down the road on Highway 24,

Bruce.