Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello From Toronto Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! I ordered my Tesla Model 3 Long Range a few weeks ago. Supposed to be delivered in late May or early June. This will be my first electric vehicle ever! I am very excited but also a bit nervous. I had an electrician I know upgrade my panel to 200amps (for a great price) because I have a hot tub, electric fireplace, and electric appliances. So just to be safe!

Can't wait to start posting pictures and such. Looking forward to joining the Tesla community. If anyone is from Toronto and surrounding area I would be open to meeting up after COVID and going for a ride, taking pictures of the cars, etc.

How much did you pay for the 200A. upgrade? Thinking of doing the same.

I got it done from my uncle who is a master electrician. For everything including tax I paid $2450. That got me the upgrade from 100amp to 200amp, plus two electric car plugs in my garage. My partner is also thinking of buying a Tesla one day so I figured might as well get both plugs installed now.

Other quotes I got ranged drastically from $3000 to $9000. Be careful, many companies try to scam you. Don't pay any more than 3.5k.

Interesting. I looked into this a year ago and got a quote of $3500 just to change my breaker panel, but was told that the utility may levy a charge to upgrade the service going to the home from the transformer. Depending on the work needed, the utility may charge me an amount in the thousands to bring in 200A from the street. My house was built in 1989, also in an Alectra service area.

Interesting. I looked into this a year ago and got a quote of $3500 just to change my breaker panel, but was told that the utility may levy a charge to upgrade the service going to the home from the transformer. Depending on the work needed, the utility may charge me an amount in the thousands to bring in 200A from the street. My house was built in 1989, also in an Alectra service area.

That's strange. My home was built in 1998 and it was a $300 fee that my electrician paid himself which was included in his price. No other fees at all. Seemed very cut and dry. I would maybe ask around to get other opinions because that doesn't seem right.

Hi everyone! I ordered my Tesla Model 3 Long Range a few weeks ago. Supposed to be delivered in late May or early June. This will be my first electric vehicle ever! I am very excited but also a bit nervous. I had an electrician I know upgrade my panel to 200amps (for a great price) because I have a hot tub, electric fireplace, and electric appliances. So just to be safe!

Can't wait to start posting pictures and such. Looking forward to joining the Tesla community. If anyone is from Toronto and surrounding area I would be open to meeting up after COVID and going for a ride, taking pictures of the cars, etc.
There's a thread for a meet up at the end of June, just search for June 2021 Meet. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Hopefully another time.