TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Toronto, Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mknox, Aug 7, 2012.

1. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I am a Canadian Model S reservation holder (Sequence Number 343) and just last Saturday completed my test drive at the Toronto Get Amped tour stop. If I did it right, a picture of the car I drove is attached.

I live in the Toronto suburbs and have a daily 80 mile (130 km) round-trip commute. My overall average daily driving is about 57 miles (90 km) including weekends, but I do occasionally drive 125 miles (200 km) 1-way to a summer home. I am going to go for the 85 kWh battery so that I have lots of extra capacity for unexpected side trips, running the HVAC, winter weather, degradation over time, and to get the longer warranty. (The extra acceleration won't hurt either!).

I do sometimes take road trips (i.e. 550 mile trip to Chicago to visit my daughter), but that may have to wait for Tesla to unveil their Supercharger plans.

I look forward to browsing through the forums and dealing with some of my thoughts and questions!

Mike

30F324AF-16C9-44F9-A29B-B9A7C6FFEBCE.JPG

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Welcome, mknox, to the forums. Be sure to check out the Canada section.

3. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Welcome to the forums Mike!