TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Toronto!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Terapin, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Terapin

Terapin Member

I have been reading this form avidly for the last couple of weeks as I ponder the purchase of a Tesla.

Today I did it! I ordered a red 85P+ with a November delivery date. Chose almost all the options except the fog lights and the yacht floor. Bugged the poor customer service fellow with 3 test drives as I compared models, and ended up loving the 85P+ so much I ordered it at my last test drive.

Can't wait to drive that baby home. I'm coming from a Q7 TDI.

~terapin

2. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

Welcome to the forums !

There are quite a few Canucks around to swap winter stories with.

Now all you have to do is wait... it's painful, but SO worth it.

3. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

Congratulations Terapin. You will be thrilled with the ownership experience. Oh, and given the sizable purchase you are making, I wouldn't worry about three test drives. Now the difficult waiting begins... (-:

4. SlyWombat

SlyWombat Member

You can head to the Toronto service centre launch of the supercharger tomorrow to see a gaggle/herd of tesla's in one place.

5. ZsoZso

ZsoZso Member

Welcome to the forums, and Congratulations on your decision!
    I have ordered mine in early June and still waiting for delivery until Sept.25th

My biggest dilemma in ordering was whether to get a P85 or S85. Money was not a big issue, I could afford the P85.
    Finally, I decided to stick with an S85 out of caution, because I never owned (or even driven) anything remotely as quick as a Tesla,
    may quickest accelerating car so far had 8s in 0-100km/h, so the S85 will be plenty fast for me. I am also buying it more,
    because it is a no-compromise EV with a good range rather than for the performance.

6. Terapin

Terapin Member

Thanks very much, all. Can't wait!

Thinking of getting that centre console ASAP, and need winter tires (I live just outside of Toronto in the country).

I love the red colour, but considering black as well. My current car is black and they might look nice side by side both black. Nice position to be in: deciding the colour of my Tesla!

7. Terapin

Terapin Member

My car is in the production queue!