Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello, I'm a new Korean User!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello guys,

I'm a newbie on tesla circumstance.
I bought the Model S 100D 2 months ago in South Korea.
I'm very glad to get my car on next monday.

Yesterday, I have heard about the Tesla Owners Club Korea has certified by Tesla, Inc.

Please watch the spread of tesla owners in Korea.
Congratulations! That is the best of the best IMO.

Are you US Army or Air Force? or...?

I was stationed at OSAN AFB 1970/1971. Married our secretary in the front office 1971.

Congratulations! That is the best of the best IMO.

Are you US Army or Air Force? or...?

I was stationed at OSAN AFB 1970/1971. Married our secretary in the front office 1971.

Dear Mr. SR-75,
Thank you for your warm welcome!

I'm not the US citizen :). I'm citizen of Republic of Korea.
I think my nick name can cause to confuse you, captain means a military rank haha.
redsub is my own company name, I'm a ceo so I use my call sign 'captain' in my company.

at any rate. I really nice to meet you here, because I grew up in peace in Korean Peninsula by your military service.

Thank you!

Reactions: Shock-On-T and GSP
Dear Mr. SR-75,
Thank you for your warm welcome!

I'm not the US citizen :). I'm citizen of Republic of Korea.
I think my nick name can cause to confuse you, captain means a military rank haha.
redsub is my own company name, I'm a ceo so I use my call sign 'captain' in my company.

at any rate. I really nice to meet you here, because I grew up in peace in Korean Peninsula by your military service.

Thank you!
My wife was a citizen of Republic of Korea also. She is a wonderful wife and had two wonderful daughters (very successful, one is very close to be a VP and the other is a CIO) and also have a Grandson and a Granddaughter.

Nice to meet you here and I believe you will enjoy your new Tesla Model S 100. We love our 2016 May Model S 75.

Reactions: GSP
My wife was a citizen of Republic of Korea also. She is a wonderful wife and had two wonderful daughters (very successful, one is very close to be a VP and the other is a CIO) and also have a Grandson and a Granddaughter.

Nice to meet you here and I believe you will enjoy your new Tesla Model S 100. We love our 2016 May Model S 75.

You are very proud of your daughters! I'm very glad to hear that.
now, you're a nice grandfather who has a lovely Tesla Model S 75! haha.

I wish the happiness of your family. :)

Hi, I’m interested in any Tesla Owners Club activities in Korea. I’m a military spouse living at Osan AB and I have my Model 3 with me.

Hello Tina! nice to meet you here, and thank you! Maybe, Is your Model 3 is silver one? a few weeks ago, it's a big news in TOC Korea which someone saw the silver Model 3 in Korea!

I wanted to buy a Model 3, but I can't so I choose Model S. I envy you! please have a safety driving!

I will likely be moving from the US to Korea in a few months (job related, non-military). I will be selling my US Tesla but am interested in buying one in Korea.

How is the charging situation though? Can you set up a HPWC at an apartment complex? I'd rather not have to go to superchargers / urban chargers for all of my charging.

I have only been driving electric cars for the past 6 years in the US so I would prefer not to have to drive a gas car in Korea but am concerned about how charging would work in an apartment complex since I would not be owning a home with a garage, etc. like here in the States.

I will likely be moving from the US to Korea in a few months (job related, non-military). I will be selling my US Tesla but am interested in buying one in Korea.

How is the charging situation though? Can you set up a HPWC at an apartment complex? I'd rather not have to go to superchargers / urban chargers for all of my charging.

I have only been driving electric cars for the past 6 years in the US so I would prefer not to have to drive a gas car in Korea but am concerned about how charging would work in an apartment complex since I would not be owning a home with a garage, etc. like here in the States.

Hi,

Most of Korean apartment complex don't have electric vehicle charger station. only the new apartment complex have them. But there is so many public charger in shopping-mall like Wallmart & the other place. (there is no Wallmart in Korea. the Famous brand is 'E-mart' & 'Lotte-mart').

So you need ChaDeMo Adaptor for fast charging and J1772 Adaptor for slow charging.

and there are no Urban charger in Korea yet. But super-charger is still enough. there are 1,200 Tesla vehicle in Korea, and Tesla Korea says the number of Super charger in Korea is enough for 7,500 Tesla vehicle.

We use the mobile app, the name is 'EV Infra' in Korea. It shows most of charger station in Korea. It will help you (But It has no option in English mode)

Best regards,
Youngjun