TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello, my name is Ray, and I'm a Teslaholic

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BluestarE3, Apr 2, 2016.

1. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

There, I've said it! After lurking in these forums for some time and secretly craving for a Tesla, I finally worked up the courage and stood in line this past Thursday in solidarity with hundreds of others at the Corte Madera store (and with a quarter million worldwide) and put down my deposit to reserve a Model 3. Now that I'm committed, I've decided to come out of the shadows and actively participate in these forums so that I can get help and support for my affliction from other Teslaholics here. In time, I hope to be able to give back to this community and, in turn, offer solace and comfort to other sufferers who come this way.

• Love x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. Reekdog

Reekdog Member

Hi Ray

3. deonb

deonb Active Member

Hi Ray

Welcome here! All we can do is support each other. There is no known cure.

4. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Welcome, Ray. And beware the productivity and time suck that is likely to follow your recent decision to participate.

• Funny x 2
  5. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Don't forget lost sleep...

Welcome!

• Funny x 1
  6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Thanks for all the welcomes! Even before registering here, I was spending way too much time reading these forums. It'll only get worse now. :)

7. alloverx

alloverx Member

8. Att1cus

Att1cus Member

Hi Ray, you're not alone!! I can't count the number of times I've had to restrain myself from impulsively ordering a Model S. I've spent the equivalent of a Model 3 reservation on crazy Model S raffles and ended up empty handed. At one point I had to un-follow all Tesla related Twitter feeds, remove my desktop background, etc.. I found that it is not healthy for me to obsess about something I cannot afford. Would still love to get a MS but I suppose I'm stuck with the 2000 Honda Accord until we start seeing some Model 3 deliveries. I booked mine later in the day on Thursday and I'm on the East Coast so I'm guessing best case scenario is late 2018.

9. bredi

bredi Member

Welcome, Ray. Try not to test drive one. It only makes things worse. Best to put head in sand and wait. But don't worry, if you look around, you'll see other eyes and heads looking at you too. So your not alone in the sand.

btw, I went and saw the line at Corte Madera! Good on you for sticking with it!

• Funny x 1
  10. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Zero FX Stealthfighter

Welcome to the Club! :)

• Like x 1
  11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Hi Ray!

You're in good company

12. fancycar

fancycar Member

Hi Ray.
    Keep coming back.

13. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

The Tesla diseases are well documented with no known cures and the only medicines are highly addictive.

Welcome!

14. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

15. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Welcome Ray! We look forward to your insights and contributions, and eventually seeing you out on the road!

16. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Hi Ray. While I would like to welcome you to the forums, I have to also acknowledge that by welcoming you to the forums, I am feeding my own addiction, which reached a feverish state a few weeks ago when I finally bought my first Tesla. I've been a little too active here lately. Maybe I should just go for a drive. Well, anyway, welcome to the forums. Addiction fed...unless I can resist pressing the Post Reply button...ah heck...click

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1