Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello, new member here.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to say hi, I've got a Model 3 LR on order, but all is quiet on that front. From reading between the lines, my "expected" September delivery is more likely to be Christmas! Anyway, what I want to ask is - how do I arrange for the threads to show the last post first? If you see what I mean. Other forums have the facility for this, but I can't find it here. It peeves me to have to go to the 135th page of a long-running discussion. I'd rather it showed the up to date posts first. Also, if I go to latest activity, I'm thrown back to posts from worldwide, rather than UK and Ireland. Any thoughts?

When you first read a thread it starts you at the beginning. When you subsequently go back to that thread to read new posts you should automatically be taken to the first new post. If you clear your cache/cookies then you start at the beginning again.

Just bookmark the UK Ireland page and start there each time. Any threads you either contribute to or set to “watch” will show as notifications on the bell icon if new posts are added.

Just to say hi, I've got a Model 3 LR on order, but all is quiet on that front. From reading between the lines, my "expected" September delivery is more likely to be Christmas! Anyway, what I want to ask is - how do I arrange for the threads to show the last post first? If you see what I mean. Other forums have the facility for this, but I can't find it here. It peeves me to have to go to the 135th page of a long-running discussion. I'd rather it showed the up to date posts first. Also, if I go to latest activity, I'm thrown back to posts from worldwide, rather than UK and Ireland. Any thoughts?
It's worth taking a look at what's showing in inventory right now on the Tesla website. If your spec is there (or one that's close that you're happy with) you can usually contact Tesla and have your order matched with that one in inventory. That's what I've done back in 2019 and again this March.

Welcome aboard !

I would say that in general if the date says September you are pretty likely to get it by the end of that month. The cars for the UK arrive on one or two massive ships from China, then there is a huge rush from the service centers to get them delivered by quarter end, it looks bad on their figures if they have manufactured but not delivered cars across a reporting period. Be aware that they will be deathly silent until then, no status or progress reports until they book you in for collection, maybe 2 weeks before if you are lucky (back in 2019 I had 3 days notice to pay and collect after a 4 month wait).

I would also suggest that given how the specs have changed, and regular software updates it's not that relevant to read all the old threads on here. The things that are relevant tend to keep to the top couple of pages.

Top priorities now I would suggest are getting a home charge point fitted and smart meter so you can be charging at the best rates, and both take weeks to months to organise. Most of us also ended up buying a load of accessories we then will never fit or use :)

Already got the mats and wheel nut/centre cap covers for when I take the aero covers off! Already got the home charger (7kW), but got to change the cable for a type 2, the Outlander uses a type 1. Fortunately, the charger came fitted with a type 2, which I changed to the type 1 myself. Don't panic, it's easy. I'll just change it back when the Tesla comes.
Now, as regards electric supply, I am halfway through a two year fixed deal for dual fuel with OVO. It'll cost me £60 to leave for Octopus, which seems the "go to" provider for off-peak electric. Is it worth it, or do I wait out til the contract end? Hmmm, not sure, for the amount of electric I need to feed the Tesla (my mileage isn't that great nowadays). I also don't have a smart meter at present, and don't fancy one, but I suppose there's no other choice.

Reactions: GRiLLA
Now, as regards electric supply, I am halfway through a two year fixed deal for dual fuel with OVO. It'll cost me £60 to leave for Octopus, which seems the "go to" provider for off-peak electric. Is it worth it, or do I wait out til the contract end? Hmmm, not sure, for the amount of electric I need to feed the Tesla (my mileage isn't that great nowadays). I also don't have a smart meter at present, and don't fancy one, but I suppose there's no other choice.
If you are working out your expected KWh usage on the Tesla I would suggest basing it on 300wh/m in winter and 250wh/m in summer thus the average will be somewhere between the two unless you drive it like you stole it.
once you pick a figure increase it by 30% because that is how much more energy you will actually consume over and above the wh/m number that the car is actually using while moving. Unless of course you plan to use Sentry a lot in which case make it 50%

if your car usage is low may not be worth switching if the OVO day rate is better. I am on go and my average price per kwh across day and night is currently under 10p so I am pretty happy don't think I could get that on a flat rate anywhere these days.

Reactions: Regulo
if your car usage is low may not be worth switching if the OVO day rate is better. I am on go and my average price per kwh across day and night is currently under 10p so I am pretty happy don't think I could get that on a flat rate anywhere these days.

Yes, it depends on the proportion of your bill at standard rate and the amount used at the GO rate. Mine averages out between the two as being 9p per kWh for a flat rate equivalent. The 4 hour cheap rate is still 5p per kWh but the rate the rest of the time (for new customers) has gone up a couple of pennies .. was 14.19p in my area but now is 16.03p ... they're all going up! Octopus Energy

Welcome to the fun and frustration club.

Your September delivery date is likely to be correct as that's the last month of the quarter, Tesla will have already built all of the cars coming to the UK this quarter because of the time it takes to get them here from the other side of the world.

So broadly speaking, any spec ordered since the previous quarter sold out _should_ have been built in the last ~six weeks and will be delivered to the customers by the end of September - so they can book the revenue.