Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello, rear radar :-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lunitiks

Cool James & Black Teacher
Nov 19, 2016
Prawn Island, VC
Can't remember when or where I found this pic on the interwebs.. But it sure as eggs raises a question or two ;)

/runs and ducks/

m3_rr.jpg

Well it looks OEM to me... Check out those bracket holes for the wiring clips, plus the way the wire is fastened to the chassis

Some installers do a really nice job...

It would be helpful if you had any idea where the image came from. (I tried to do an image search and Google didn't find it.)

I'm not sure if Tesla would run a cable all the way down and under the car like that or not.

Some installers do a really nice job...

It would be helpful if you had any idea where the image came from. (I tried to do an image search and Google didn't find it.)

I'm not sure if Tesla would run a cable all the way down and under the car like that or not.

Except that cable is coming out of the drivers side back quarter panel, not underneath the car. No way an installer is doing that for a radar detector. We need to google for images of the front radar and compare the 2.

Or, someone with a newer car, take off that bumper and have a peek....

Looks like a good install but not OEM. Plus, wouldn't we have seen it in the wiring and maybe even a plug for it in the M3 APE?

Would expect rear corner radar(s) for AP that are not pointing upwards ...

But who knows for sure? :)

Reactions: daud
AP 2 - AP 2.5 is going to end really messy for Tesla and many will lose faith in the company...... FSD and EAP are doomed..... I don't know what to say at this point. We haven't gotten anything we were promised up to this point besides a crappy emulation of AP1. And Elon used to keep dismissing the claims but now it seems he is really stuck and doesn't know what to do.. I really hope Tesla has a plan of action within the next few months because they've already fallen far far behind what we thought were their "competitors". I really don't think they thought through the hardware before releasing AP 2 and now they have realized it and are playing it off as "not a big deal", while their autopilot team leaders are leaving due to them knowing they messed up. Only things elon talks about now are flamethrowers, launching cars into space, and fixing M3 glove box issues. Lets hope this isn't the beginning of the end for Tesla..... I really hope they release some good stuff in Q1 & Q2.