TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello! This is my first post.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Juan Burgundy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Juan Burgundy

Juan Burgundy Member

Hi everyone!

I am joining this forum so I can read all of your stories and reviews regarding the Roadster. I am currently doing my research and am considering a Roadster 1.5 or 2.0 for my next car.

I am looking forward to becoming a future Tesla owner and hop to learn a lot of new things by becoming a member of this community.

Thanks!

Juan.

2. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Welcome Juan!

What about getting a Model S Performance? Then you amaze more than one friend at a time :biggrin:

4. Look for a 2.0 over a 1.5...Some of the hardware for future Tesla Roadster "options" will not be available for the 1.5's without expensive hardware upgrades.

5. Juan Burgundy

Juan Burgundy Member

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've looked at the Model S and it seems like a great car. For now I am looking for a small, fun car to drive around. I feel comfortable with buying a Roadster because it has been around long enough for Tesla to work out all of the kinks/issues.

I also do not have the need for a big sedan at the moment. My current cars are a 2006 BMW M3 and Toyota Prius. Looking to replace my M3 and go with the Roadster.

6. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Would strongly suggest driving a Model S and Roadster prior to making your final decision. You can thank me later :tongue:

7. Model S will take close to a year to arrive if ordered today, and will probably be more expensive than a 1.5 Roadster. I doubt the OP wants to wait a year to replace his m3?

8. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Umm...unless he's buying the Roadster used or is in Europe...he's not getting a Roadster within a year either.

9. donauker

donauker Member

Given he is referring to a 1.5 or a 2.0 Roadster, it would appear that used is his only option.

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I'd still consider a Model S performance since you'll have the advantage of a new warranty but it doesn't sound like that's the car you're looking for. Used Roadster would be a great option.

11. If Tesla comes out with the certified used program or the aftermarket warranty then I would see no downside of going with the roadster. Heck most 1.5 roadsters are still in warranty.

12. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Welcome and enjoy the site.