Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello! This is my first post.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I am joining this forum so I can read all of your stories and reviews regarding the Roadster. I am currently doing my research and am considering a Roadster 1.5 or 2.0 for my next car.

I am looking forward to becoming a future Tesla owner and hop to learn a lot of new things by becoming a member of this community.

Thanks!

Juan.

Hi everyone!

I am joining this forum so I can read all of your stories and reviews regarding the Roadster. I am currently doing my research and am considering a Roadster 1.5 or 2.0 for my next car.

I am looking forward to becoming a future Tesla owner and hop to learn a lot of new things by becoming a member of this community.

Thanks!

Juan.

Look for a 2.0 over a 1.5...Some of the hardware for future Tesla Roadster "options" will not be available for the 1.5's without expensive hardware upgrades.

Welcome Juan!

What about getting a Model S Performance? Then you amaze more than one friend at a time :biggrin:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've looked at the Model S and it seems like a great car. For now I am looking for a small, fun car to drive around. I feel comfortable with buying a Roadster because it has been around long enough for Tesla to work out all of the kinks/issues.

I also do not have the need for a big sedan at the moment. My current cars are a 2006 BMW M3 and Toyota Prius. Looking to replace my M3 and go with the Roadster.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've looked at the Model S and it seems like a great car. For now I am looking for a small, fun car to drive around. I feel comfortable with buying a Roadster because it has been around long enough for Tesla to work out all of the kinks/issues.

I also do not have the need for a big sedan at the moment. My current cars are a 2006 BMW M3 and Toyota Prius. Looking to replace my M3 and go with the Roadster.

Would strongly suggest driving a Model S and Roadster prior to making your final decision. You can thank me later :tongue:

Would strongly suggest driving a Model S and Roadster prior to making your final decision. You can thank me later :tongue:

Model S will take close to a year to arrive if ordered today, and will probably be more expensive than a 1.5 Roadster. I doubt the OP wants to wait a year to replace his m3?

I'd still consider a Model S performance since you'll have the advantage of a new warranty but it doesn't sound like that's the car you're looking for. Used Roadster would be a great option.

If Tesla comes out with the certified used program or the aftermarket warranty then I would see no downside of going with the roadster. Heck most 1.5 roadsters are still in warranty.