Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello TMC from DFW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S85 CPO owner here, ordered one week ago today! Will pick up in Phoenix and make the drive back when the car is ready. No date yet but SA said today a couple more weeks.... Guess I am living on Tesla time.

Enjoy! Now is the time to:
  • install your charger
  • read every thread on TMC
  • buy premium car wash supplies
  • gather the family and decide upon a name for the car
  • clean out your garage
  • reread every thread on TMC
  • endlessly watch YouTube videos of people with their Teslas
  • giggle with self-congratulations as you drive by DFW gas stations that are still out of gas
  • further obsess about the new arrival.

In short, act just like most of us did while we waited for ours...

It has been over 3 weeks since my order was confirmed but status still says "Car has been scheduled for production in factory." I read on a different thread that once production starts status would also change on the account. Is that true or the status just stays the same until the car is delivered?

Also on a different topic, who did you guys use to get the charger installed. I am in North Dallas up in Allen/Frisco area. Any recommendation for a reasonable and reliable install company?

Your DS would be the best contact for latest status on your delivery. My profile for example was not showing the free supercharger for quite some time after purchase, but DS has clarified that it can take some time to refresh. It eventually did.

I have asked for a quote from the electrician(s) recommended by Tesla in DFW area. The cheapest quote came to 900 dollars for the installation (excluding HPWC). I asked around and it should cost no more than 200-300 bucks for qualified electrician to perform an installation, unless you have extremely long cable runs or obstructed access to the panel. I already had NEMA14-30 in the garage and that is what I use for now. MIght revisit either 14-50 or HPWC when I am closer to getting 2nd car (Model 3).