Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello TMC!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad to join! I figured the best intro would be to post my Tesla story in the about me of my profile. I'm 30, work in IT, and live in Shelbyville, Ky.

May 2, 2017. That was the day my life changed forever. I was getting over the heartbreak of having the girl I was going to marry break up with me. One of my closets friends, had died unexpectedly. Also I was broke and staying in a friends basement for six months. In short life was not good. In the middle of this funk I surmised I needed some sort of distraction that was free and figured I would check out a really cool expensive vehicle. I looked up a Tesla dealership 90 miles away and called and told them I have no money, but if I can come look at the cars and maybe sit in one it would mean a lot. Their response? "Sure thing! Would you like to test drive one?" I was blown away by the fact I told them I had no money and they let me not only sit in the car but drive one! The test drive was scheduled. The salesman was super friendly and once he heard the drive was almost 100 miles one way he spent nearly an hour letting me drive around town and out on the country roads. I was super nervous getting in such an expensive vehicle! We pulled out of the mall and hit the first intersection. When the light turned green and traffic was clear he said "ok floor it" I ablidged :) the 70d pinned me to the back of my seat and in 5.3 seconds I went from nervous to panicked to nothing short of full on man-child blissful giggling giddiness. In 5.3 seconds all the depression and anger and sadness left and I was laughing like a man who felt free for the first time in months. I was left smiling for days! It was right then and there that I swore I would one day drive a Tesla. I didn't know how but I determined I would one day own the car that can make me feel that way.
Fast forward to July 2017. A lot has changed and I am looking to make good on the promise to myself. I'm looking for a red Tesla sub $40k and Most things past that are negotiable. It's a pleasure to join this forum and hope to make new friends as that are crazy as I am about this car!

• Love
Reactions: KarenRei