Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! 100D vs P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I've found two private party Teslas and I am trying to decide which one to make my first Tesla. The decision isn't financial strain in either case, but I would like to make the best decision from an enjoyment and future resale value point of view. Here are my choices:

2016 P100D late Nov 2016 build
AP 2.0 hardware
6k miles, showroom condition (owned and babied by a collector)
Red/black, 21 inch gray wheels, premium upgrades pkg, pano glass roof, air suspension, ultra high-fi sound, premium seats, cold weather, enhanced auto pilot, full self driving
Free lifetime supercharging
$90k

2017 100D August build
AP 2.5 hardware
13k miles, great condition
Blue/tan, air suspension, premium sound, premium tan seats, air suspension, sunroof, cold weather, enhanced auto pilot, full self driving, vinyl wrap
$74k

I would want to replace the default weeks on the 100D with something nicer so probably another $2k there. I am leaning on going with the P100D since it is practically brand new for just a $14k difference, but I am hoping for a sanity check.

What would you do? :p

Really, it depends on what you are looking for. If you want the blinding speed of the P100D, then go for it. That is a great deal for a car with 6000 miles on it. However, with the 100D you get AP 2.5, 1 more year on the battery warranty, and greater range. My 100D is plenty fast enough for me. I have managed to cause vertigo in nearly every passenger for whom I have demonstrated a launch. I can pass anyone at any time on the highway. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 100d and Struja
I would do a P100D over a 100D regardless because I like that little extra acceleration. Disregarding that, given what you presented I would still choose the P100D over the 100D, mainly because of the miles and the fact it was babied by a collector as that goes a long way in my book.. I recently purchased a 'toy' car from a collector and what a difference that can make - arrived in showroom condition with just a hair over 3k miles when all the others I was looking at were in the 10-15k range.

There are advantages to going with the 100D, as others have mentioned, but if it were me it would be an easy decision to get the P100D. Either one you choose you're going to LOVE it :D

Reactions: P85_DA