TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Help! 2014 armrest & floor assembly removal?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Gig103, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Gig103

Gig103 Member

Hello,

My wife dropped a diamond pendant between the passenger seat and the armrest assembly. When she tried to reach it, the carpet or floor flexed and it went underneath!

So first, what's underneath that? Is this pendant now sitting on the battery compartment risking damage?

Second, how do I remove the assembly - I don't have a center console so I'm basically looking for the instructions as if I was installing the OEM center console.

I might have to visit the SC and pay them, but at $150/hr that's an expensive fishing expedition.

Thanks!

2. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

3. Gig103

Gig103 Member

4. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Removing the center console is quite the task. It is a one piece assembly.
    ctr-console.png

5. Gig103

Gig103 Member

I've seen that (or similar) picture before. The pendant went under that bump out closest to the rear.

Anyone have a guide for removal?

6. Gig103

Gig103 Member

So, for what it's worth, my wife went to the SC. They were able to retrieve the pendant in about 30 minutes and didn't charge her (ran it as a goodwill inspection). She threw $40 their way for lunch, that's still cheaper than a half hour of shop labor rate.

• Informative x 1