Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP! 3rd Party MS P85 Service near MI!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought my 2013 MS P85 a with 130K miles on it and had no problems for 2 months.

At that point, took it in for error BMS_u008 and was told I needed new contractors ($3,000 fix). Sucks but I can live with it.

2 weeks later they say that they are not authorized to replace the contractors at the Service-level because my battery had been tampered with in the past by a 3rd party.

So they said they would just have to replace the whole battery at $13K despite the battery being functional.

Does anyone know anyone who can drop a battery and replace these contractors?

I live in Michigan but will travel within a couple hundred miles.

Greatly appreciate any help.

As noted in a reply to your duplicate posts in other threads and in your ticket with us, we can do contactor replacements without a problem...

HOWEVER...

Without first diagnosing the issue ourselves, we will not guarantee that replacing the contactors will fix your issue. The error in question can be caused by more than just failed/failing contactors... especially when you throw in a 3rd party reseal of the battery pack. It'd probably be very helpful to know what exactly a 3rd party did to the battery pack before any service is done. There are very few 3rd parties out there with the knowledge and experience to do any service on these battery packs, and most who attempt it tend to mess things up along the way... which could very well be the real cause of your issues.