Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: 90D ordered for MC Red on 12/19. Now thinking about White. Suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered the MC red this past Monday. And then I saw a couple of MC red's in the evening sun and they both gave almost, sort of an orange-ish hue. I asked my OA and he said yes you would see different hues depending on the light with MC red. And then I checked out a couple of pear white's and they looked gorgeous but still a but bland. While I still have time to modify my order for free, can you guys help me decide what color to go with? I know its subjective but any suggestions/ideas would help. I can't decide which one should I go for in the end - both colors are great but I see both these colors having some drawbacks (MC red giving off that orange-ish hue in low light and pearl white coming off as bit bland).

• Funny
Reactions: Snerruc
It's all personal taste. MC red and pearl white are both great colors. MC red on an X makes a big statement. White is a bit more subdued.

Red with a white interior is stunning. I'm personally not a fan of white/white.

Reactions: ModelX
About one month ago I took delivery of my new red P100D with the white interior, 21" silver turbine wheels and carbon fiber trim. It is just awesome looking and I get many compliments on the white interior.
I also love the pearl white exterior but I don't think I would order it with the white interior.

And then I saw a couple of MC red's in the evening sun and they both gave almost, sort of an orange-ish hue. I asked my OA and he said yes you would see different hues depending on the light with MC red.
That's actually the best part.

And then there was some comments by family members and neighbors that getting white was like getting a refrigerator. :)

IMG_6430.JPG
IMG_6432.JPG
Just picked up our pearl white model S and couldn't be happier. Just got the ceramic tint and Expel done.

I'm not a red car kind of guy but I just love my MC red...it's a complex/complicated red that's truly unique. I say stick with it, much more interesting than white imho.

@pilotSteve any chance you could upload a couple of pics showing both the inside and outside of your car in the same shot? That may very well be my next combo.

Last edited:
I really prefer a more traditional "bright red", but after seeing a couple of MC reds in person, I decided I would go for it - no regrets. I was buying used so my first choice (deep sea blue) was available, BUT that color gets surprisingly dark in lower light and that awesome blue isn't quite as evident then.

we had a Pearl White on black S60 and just got the MC red on tan P90D. both with 21" silver turbines. both look amazing and get a lot of compliments on both. really can't go wrong with either.

we struggled with the first model S order color and went back and forth like you - PW vs. MCR.

the only thing i would say about PW is that it looks great nearly all the time, even when a little dirty. the red shows more dirt, but that's to be expected :rolleyes:

I didn't love that two tone interior at all my first time around. After living with all black for a few years, I somehow did do a complete 180 and had to go with gray in my new Tesla. I absolutely love the contrast. I would have gone with the white had it been available, my gray is very light and I haven't had to clean it yet, 7 months in

So I ordered the MC red this past Monday. And then I saw a couple of MC red's in the evening sun and they both gave almost, sort of an orange-ish hue. I asked my OA and he said yes you would see different hues depending on the light with MC red. And then I checked out a couple of pear white's and they looked gorgeous but still a but bland. While I still have time to modify my order for free, can you guys help me decide what color to go with? I know its subjective but any suggestions/ideas would help. I can't decide which one should I go for in the end - both colors are great but I see both these colors having some drawbacks (MC red giving off that orange-ish hue in low light and pearl white coming off as bit bland).

I have MC Red. I love it. I have a new 90D on order now. Can you guess what color it is going to be? Yep. I had a Pearl White until I saw the Red. I sold the Pearl and ordered the Red. This is the first Red car that I have ever owned. And I believe its safer than any other color. Why you ask? I have noticed that far less people pull out in front of me causing me to hit the brakes or slow. I think its because they see the Red much easier than any other color. Maybe I am reading more into this than is there, but I believe what I am seeing.
My vote is, stay with the Red, you will be happy.