Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help a new owner out with software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Was hoping some of you could provide some clarity about Tesla Software. I picked up my car late last month (December). It is a 2020 Model 3 with FSD.

The current software on the car is as follows: v10.1 (2019.40.2.1). Is this the newest software for the vehicle? If not, how can one update the software using a personal hotspot? I live in an apartment at the moment so wifi updates are not possible.

Is there anyway to determine if my car has HW3 without popping off the glovebox? I currently do get traffic cone visualization with the above software.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Hey guys,

Was hoping some of you could provide some clarity about Tesla Software. I picked up my car late last month (December). It is a 2020 Model 3 with FSD.

The current software on the car is as follows: v10.1 (2019.40.2.1). Is this the newest software for the vehicle? If not, how can one update the software using a personal hotspot? I live in an apartment at the moment so wifi updates are not possible.

Is there anyway to determine if my car has HW3 without popping off the glovebox? I currently do get traffic cone visualization with the above software.

There is no way to force a software update yourself. You can check the software page and it will let you know when one is available then you will need to find some wifi to download it.

Your car has HW3 if you see the cones.

There is no way to force a software update yourself. You can check the software page and it will let you know when one is available then you will need to find some wifi to download it.

Your car has HW3 if you see the cones.

Great, thank you for that. Do you happen to know what the newest software is? I am seeing some members post that their car can see stop lights and signs?