Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help a newb - will these wheels/tires fit a Model 3 Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All!

I'm about 98% there on ordering a Model 3 Performance. Problem is, I'm in Michigan and I need winter tires right away. With most everything backordered/out of stock I'm trying to put together a "package" that would work. I don't know much about this and I'm doing it based on the research I've done myself over the past week. Here's what I'm looking at:

MICHELINX-ICE SNOW235 /45 R18 98H XL BSW
Item #89272
$227.00/ea

KONIG DEKAGRAM18 X8.5 5-114.30 35 BKMTXX
Item #61146
$272.00/ea

From what I've read, these wheels should work on a Model 3 Performance. I'm just not sure if I picked the appropriate 18s. Same with the tire.

What else will I need to make this work? Different lug nuts? TPS sensors? I've also heard talk of "hub rings"?

Any help is appreciated. This all seems like rocket science to me.... I'm hoping Discount Tire has some sort of Black Friday deals that might help me out.

Thanks in advance,
RipVanFinkle

Did you already make your decision?

The Konig wheels should be fine, you won't need spacers since they are 8.5 and tires are 235.
I'm running 9.5/265 with 5mm spacers, you'll be fine without spacers.
Hub rings aren't necessary but you can add them for peace of mind, I have them.
I have open ended monster lug nuts and ordered some caps to cover the open end, socket was included.
TPMS will have to be added to your wheels using your VIN.

I don't know jack about winter tires, I'm in Socal.