Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help, advise, suggestions..any clues will help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:confused:have owned the magical car MX since Friday. Today it's the first time it acted unusual...like i had the dancing cars on my screen by the steering column..it noted that i had a truck behind me on my street...(No trucks allowed on my street) earlier i went to plugin to have my car chg according to the schedule i set up i thought on the Tesla phone App/ or Stats for Tesla...to begin @ 12;30 a.m. ...well, it started chrging right away @ 7:00 pm (Not sure which i used.). Neither showing the possibility to do that scheduled start....when i realized it wasn't going according to plan..i tried to find where i set up chg time...Can't locate where
also my one key fob works but not on the Butler option i have to press the handle to get the front door opened. To add to my interesting day..the software update arrived..waiting to see what happens now...Any suggestions on how any of this i can solve will be greatly appreciated..i luv tech so i'm not upset just in a quandry
thanks mucho in advanceo_O

sorry I read your post three times I really have trouble following ur
train of thought with multiple
run on sentences absence of punctuation and capitalization it’s really hard following what exactly
Ur asking maybe if you presented more concisely you’d get more responses anyone else having this problem???

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
jersey, don't worry about the dancing cars. Its part of the sensor still adjusting to autopilot so to speak. Most of us see it. Its nothing to worry about. The software will improve and it will disappear or settle down.

You likely selected the charging time while you were not at home. When you schedule the charging at home it knows then the time you want it to begin charging. I can't unwind in my head from here what you did to make these choices that you don't like now, but it will make sense as you gain experience.

Use the little icon on the screen down in the very left corner to get to the car's controls. You are looking for "Charging".

I don't know what you mean by Butler option. Maybe I will figure that out when I see the new Downton Abbey movie this weekend.

Could be the car just using "shore power" when plugged in and active. It's not charging in that situation, just drawing power from the grid instead of the battery. But it does show the incoming power on the screen, so it looks a lot like it's charging. That stops when the car turns off, soon after you leave in most cases.

The "dancing cars" only dance when they are stationary. I think this is the old problem of detecting stationary things, only with cameras instead of radars. 3D vision through one camera can kind of be faked if things are moving, either you or the target car. But if everyone is stationary there's no simple way to pull distance numbers from a 2D camera. And apparently Tesla is not building a 3D model of the environment and simply remembering where everything was while stationary. At least not for this display. Just one possible explanation.

If the doors/fob are behaving differently than they used to a reset might be in order. That's the first thing to do when strange things happen.

Could be the car just using "shore power" when plugged in and active. It's not charging in that situation, just drawing power from the grid instead of the battery. But it does show the incoming power on the screen, so it looks a lot like it's charging. That stops when the car turns off, soon after you leave in most cases.

The "dancing cars" only dance when they are stationary. I think this is the old problem of detecting stationary things, only with cameras instead of radars. 3D vision through one camera can kind of be faked if things are moving, either you or the target car. But if everyone is stationary there's no simple way to pull distance numbers from a 2D camera. And apparently Tesla is not building a 3D model of the environment and simply remembering where everything was while stationary. At least not for this display. Just one possible explanation.

If the doors/fob are behaving differently than they used to a reset might be in order. That's the first thing to do when strange things happen.
got it! that seems to be an every day occurrence/ could that be the problem after newest update loaded Nav only believes i'm in Cali

sorry I read your post three times I really have trouble following ur
train of thought with multiple
run on sentences absence of punctuation and capitalization it’s really hard following what exactly
Ur asking maybe if you presented more concisely you’d get more responses anyone else having this problem???
i appreciate your candor...even if it bordered on rudeness

well, i can tell you i am an easterner & am quite use to bullies, of which you seem to fit the mold. If i irritate you..DON'T respond. But if i feel this is the best place for trusted & reliable information i will post as often as i can. I'm most respectful..have always been...i learned to appreciate all of mankind as a prosecutor...want to challenge my writing skills...let's write a brief...I WIN!!

Reactions: shinytop