Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - Ambient Light Passenger Door Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure why the passenger door ambient light is not on. Every other door is on. When I open the passenger door, the light comes on so I know the light works.

Has anyone experienced this or know of how to fix it? I don't want to take it into service just for that.

I’ve seen this before and it’s a very simple fix. Open the same door and take a look at the puddle light at the bottom of your door panel (it’s supposed to illuminate the ground when you open the door. If it doesn’t come on, it just means the connector inside is crossed. If you toggle the ambient light switch, the puddle light will illuminate instead of the door panel.

To fix this, you may need to remove the door panel and swap the connector from one light to the other. They both use the same connector so they’re “interchangeable”. This is an assembly mistake.

• Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne
I’ve seen this before and it’s a very simple fix. Open the same door and take a look at the puddle light at the bottom of your door panel (it’s supposed to illuminate the ground when you open the door. If it doesn’t come on, it just means the connector inside is crossed. If you toggle the ambient light switch, the puddle light will illuminate instead of the door panel.

To fix this, you may need to remove the door panel and swap the connector from one light to the other. They both use the same connector so they’re “interchangeable”. This is an assembly mistake.
Thank you for this! Just tried this out and opening the door turns on the ambient lights. 😂 So, time to strip the door.

Reactions: aerodyne
Does anyone know what fuse illuminates the puddle light. I believe I blew the fuse.

I’m not sure if it’s
F145 - 25 - Exterior Lighting
F233 - 10 - Door controls
Or what it is…

The radio, interior lighting, windows, door handles and the light under the arm rest all work. The only things that seem to not work is the orange light on the side of the door and the puddle light. I don’t see a fuse labeled ambient lighting..

Basically I’m changing out the puddle light with an Tesla logo one and Tesla seemed to have ripped off the connector when they fixed my Aunts door handle so I’m hardwiring it. It was working fine but I think I connected and reconnected to many times showing her it worked and I believe I popped the fuse.