Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! anyone in the Oslo area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The body shop have overtighten the wheel bolts and now i have broken the wheel bolt key loosening them.
20190720_102431.jpg
I have loosened 9 bolt and need to lend the key so I can tighten them again and drive the car back to the garage.

While I live in the US and cannot help you, I had this happen to me twice. Due to over-tightened bolts, a dealer broke my tool just like above. We ordered a new tool. That one broke. Finally with the 3rd tool, we got them all out. I have replaced them all with BMW lug bolts that have the same threading. No more special tool, no more breaking. However, I have had a different problem. My local Tesla SC was tightening the bolts to the higher specs used by the Model S/X when they had the car (they weren't the ones who had overtightened it). I made sure at my last tire change, that my local shop tightened to the lower torque for the Roadster. A few weeks later, I (fortunately) noticed that on one wheel, 2 lug bolts where missing and another was halfway out. I have re-tightened and all is well. Since it was only 1 wheel, I think it was an issue with the initial tightening and not the bolt. I can share the part number for BMW if you want. Best wishes getting that last one out.

Outstanding! Your solution with the Elise parts is probably better for you. I have the black wheels, so prefer the black BMW bolts, but with your silver wheels, the silver bolts probably look better! Glad to hear you found a solution. I know that it was a pain!

The tools came in the mail on Friday, and they are STRONG. I had no problem loosening the other bolts, some were even tighter then the one that broke the original tool. The tool fits the head of the bolt much better so i would not have any hesitations using air tools on them.
I you ever order anything from Elise Parts, order the tool to, it costs nothing.