Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Apple Music Login Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've long awaited Apple Music to arrive to my Teslas. As an Apple customer/subscriber to Apple Music, Apple iTunes Match, Apple iCloud 2TB, AppleTV, and more, I thought this would be a no brainer to check out when my Tesla update arrived last night. But I select Apple Music in my car screen, get the QR code, scan it with my iPhone and instead of it just working, it only offers me two options sign up for free trial or subscribe for the monthly fee. But as I said, I already am a subscriber user or all those Apple services and I'm I subscribe to Tesla Premium Connectivity as well. Can anybody venture a guess as to why this is happening? My first thought is that somehow my Tesla account which is built around a different email address than my Apple account is, somehow is not playing nicely. But I have no idea. I would think it should just scan the QR code, see that my phonee already is signed into Apple Music and give me the approve button to proceed using it in my car. ANy help would be appreciated. I've been wanting Apple Music integrated forever in my Tesla system and of course it has to be giving my problems.

I would think it should just scan the QR code, see that my phonee already is signed into Apple Music and give me the approve button to proceed using it in my car.
This is more or less how it worked for me…very smooth with no issues.

Do you maybe have multiple Apple IDs, and somehow signed into one that doesn’t have Apple Music? That’s the only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head…

What gr2020 said.

Another issue: We subscribe to iTunes Match, instead of Apple Music, though Match is accessed via the Apple Music app. Match lets us access all of our owned music on all of our devices, sweet. Except the Tesla...

Unlike the Apple Music App, the Tesla Apple Music app does not seem able to access Match, unless I am missing something.

Has anyone found a way to use Match on the Tesla Apple Music app?

We're on version 2022.44.25.5.

What gr2020 said.

Another issue: We subscribe to iTunes Match, instead of Apple Music, though Match is accessed via the Apple Music app. Match lets us access all of our owned music on all of our devices, sweet. Except the Tesla...

Unlike the Apple Music App, the Tesla Apple Music app does not seem able to access Match, unless I am missing something.

iTunes Match is NOT supported. They had been confirmed by others as well. You can add Dolby Atmos and Spatial Audio as well to that same not supported list.

• Informative
Reactions: swedge
I've long awaited Apple Music to arrive to my Teslas. As an Apple customer/subscriber to Apple Music, Apple iTunes Match, Apple iCloud 2TB, AppleTV, and more, I thought this would be a no brainer to check out when my Tesla update arrived last night. But I select Apple Music in my car screen, get the QR code, scan it with my iPhone and instead of it just working, it only offers me two options sign up for free trial or subscribe for the monthly fee. But as I said, I already am a subscriber user or all those Apple services and I'm I subscribe to Tesla Premium Connectivity as well. Can anybody venture a guess as to why this is happening? My first thought is that somehow my Tesla account which is built around a different email address than my Apple account is, somehow is not playing nicely. But I have no idea. I would think it should just scan the QR code, see that my phonee already is signed into Apple Music and give me the approve button to proceed using it in my car. ANy help would be appreciated. I've been wanting Apple Music integrated forever in my Tesla system and of course it has to be giving my problems.
Might be a dumb question, but you are signed in to Apple Music on that iPhone, right?

What I suspect might be happening here is that you use the “Music” app on your Mac together with iTunes Match to put your music library into the cloud. You then use the “Music” app on your mobile devices to play your music library from the cloud. This is all fine, but Tesla’s Apple Music app requires a streaming subscription, and unless you are paying separately for that streaming subscription (or it is being bundled through Apple One) the behaviour will be as you’ve described.

“Apple Music” is not the same as “Apple’s Music App” despite the icon being the same and the nomenclature being basically identical. You won’t find me defending Apple for this ridiculous naming convention.

If however you are absolutely certain you have an Apple Music streaming subscription then :

a) you don’t need the iTunes Match subscription, so cancel it and save a few bux a year

b) there is something hinky on your phone store setup 🙁

I had the same issue. I figure that my problem is that I do have two Apple IDs: my main one plus one that I access the App Store and subscriptions with. I have the second one because it was my deceased wife's account and she handled all of the app and subscription purchases. Apple allows and accounts for this contingency, when you log into an Apple device with your ID, there is an option to use a second ID for purchases. My guess is that the Tesla does play nice with this. I figure that I will pay the Tesla Service Center a repair visit after the holidays and put the ball in their court.

What gr2020 said.

If you have an Apple Music subscription and ITunes Match, then you will, in some cases, see your matched music. I see it in ”recently added” and in playlists that have matched music. I don’t see matched music in the albums listing though.

Scrolling through albums in the library.

I haven’t figured out how to search my library. The search seems like a cross-platform function (e.g., includes Spotify) and doesn’t allow for searching in one’s personal library, but maybe I’m missing something?
I've found that my library of uploaded tracks are there, but are not found in the search, so I was wondering how you were looking.

Not being able to search the library is a bummer. At the very least they need a faster way to scroll. Going all the way to the bottom of the page and then hitting next is hard.

I have the same problem. How did you manage to get Apple Music working in your Tesla?

Reactions: Krock65