Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Bosch Icon Wiper blades - can't seem to install them!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never again. They screwed me on shipping - stuff shows up whenever they feel like it and their customer service sucked. I’m done with rock auto.

NEVER happened to me before, and I have ordered a lot from them. Too bad for you because they have great prices. You do have to pay attention to which warehouses you are using, but they make it easy to check that.

Where on Tesla's site are the wiper blades? I haven't seen them. Car is new, but will need them eventually.

Some of Tesla's OEM replacement parts are surprisingly cheap, like 12V batteries and wiper blades. Others, not so much. But I don't like at all not being able to buy any part thru a parts department. No way in hell I'll go to a dealer for everything when car is out of warranty. Hope Tesla changes that eventually, or other OEM replacement parts stores like RockAuto start selling Tesla parts too.

Where on Tesla's site are the wiper blades? I haven't seen them. Car is new, but will need them eventually.

Some of Tesla's OEM replacement parts are surprisingly cheap, like 12V batteries and wiper blades. Others, not so much. But I don't like at all not being able to buy any part thru a parts department. No way in hell I'll go to a dealer for everything when car is out of warranty. Hope Tesla changes that eventually, or other OEM replacement parts stores like RockAuto start selling Tesla parts too.

Well I guess it’s a good thing Tesla doesn’t have dealers. :)

They don’t look at service or parts as a profit center. Surprisingly reasonable on parts. The service centers can order whatever parts you want — and they’re fair on pricing.

Here are the wipers: Model 3 Wiper Blades

I subscribe to the Project Farm YouTube channel and was aware of the Michelin silicone blades sold exclusively through Walmart for a while. I didn't buy them because I assumed they wouldn't work with the Model 3. However, I found a video that shows that they do work, but only if you READ THE INSTRUCTIONS that come with the blades. (Who's got time for that?)

Perhaps other wipers have the same method of converting the wide PTB adapter to a narrow PTB one.

I subscribe to the Project Farm YouTube channel and was aware of the Michelin silicone blades sold exclusively through Walmart for a while. I didn't buy them because I assumed they wouldn't work with the Model 3. However, I found a video that shows that they do work, but only if you READ THE INSTRUCTIONS that come with the blades. (Who's got time for that?)

Perhaps other wipers have the same method of converting the wide PTB adapter to a narrow PTB one.

20 minute video on wipers? Is it starting with American inventor Mary Anderson who is popularly credited with devising the first operational windscreen wiper in 1903. In Anderson's patent, she called her invention a "window cleaning device" for electric cars and other vehicles.

Reactions: VQTRVA
Being able to just snap on wiper blades and go is well worth it to me. However, as best everyone can tell Bosch OEM's Tesla wiper blades. As has been mentioned before if you can live with a Bosch logo on the blade they appear otherwise 100% identical to OEM and they about $12 cheaper without Tesla's crappy delivery logistics.

Bosch Wiper Blade Aerotwin A102S, Length: 650mm/475mm – Set of Front Wiper Blades - Only for Left-Hand Drive

Thanks for the tip, I'll get these next time and no modifications needed.

Why. do people make this so difficult, go to the Tesla CS shop or order the OEM blades online. Hey, they fit and work.
The Tesla Shop is currently out of stock for the set, as is often the case. This is why I often do not use dealer parts for everything.