Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Bosch Icon Wiper blades - can't seem to install them!

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
The real hookup for wiper blades is Rock Auto. Major brands at about a 1/3 the cost of the same blade from other sources.

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
Never again. They screwed me on shipping - stuff shows up whenever they feel like it and their customer service sucked. I’m done with rock auto.

NEVER happened to me before, and I have ordered a lot from them. Too bad for you because they have great prices. You do have to pay attention to which warehouses you are using, but they make it easy to check that.

Reactions: dmurphy

elptxjc

Dec 15, 2019
El Paso, TX
Where on Tesla's site are the wiper blades? I haven't seen them. Car is new, but will need them eventually.

Some of Tesla's OEM replacement parts are surprisingly cheap, like 12V batteries and wiper blades. Others, not so much. But I don't like at all not being able to buy any part thru a parts department. No way in hell I'll go to a dealer for everything when car is out of warranty. Hope Tesla changes that eventually, or other OEM replacement parts stores like RockAuto start selling Tesla parts too.

dmurphy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
New Jersey - Morris County
Where on Tesla's site are the wiper blades? I haven't seen them. Car is new, but will need them eventually.

Some of Tesla's OEM replacement parts are surprisingly cheap, like 12V batteries and wiper blades. Others, not so much. But I don't like at all not being able to buy any part thru a parts department. No way in hell I'll go to a dealer for everything when car is out of warranty. Hope Tesla changes that eventually, or other OEM replacement parts stores like RockAuto start selling Tesla parts too.

Well I guess it’s a good thing Tesla doesn’t have dealers. :)

They don’t look at service or parts as a profit center. Surprisingly reasonable on parts. The service centers can order whatever parts you want — and they’re fair on pricing.

Here are the wipers: Model 3 Wiper Blades

skygraff

May 15, 2018
Chicago
FCP Euro had good price on OEM blades and very fast shipping (huge box!). Quick install once I figured out the necessary angle and cleared ice.

They replace for life but you have to ship back the used parts you purchased from them.

GPinzone

Sep 3, 2018
Ronkonkoma, NY
I subscribe to the Project Farm YouTube channel and was aware of the Michelin silicone blades sold exclusively through Walmart for a while. I didn't buy them because I assumed they wouldn't work with the Model 3. However, I found a video that shows that they do work, but only if you READ THE INSTRUCTIONS that come with the blades. (Who's got time for that?)

Perhaps other wipers have the same method of converting the wide PTB adapter to a narrow PTB one.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
I subscribe to the Project Farm YouTube channel and was aware of the Michelin silicone blades sold exclusively through Walmart for a while. I didn't buy them because I assumed they wouldn't work with the Model 3. However, I found a video that shows that they do work, but only if you READ THE INSTRUCTIONS that come with the blades. (Who's got time for that?)

Perhaps other wipers have the same method of converting the wide PTB adapter to a narrow PTB one.

20 minute video on wipers? Is it starting with American inventor Mary Anderson who is popularly credited with devising the first operational windscreen wiper in 1903. In Anderson's patent, she called her invention a "window cleaning device" for electric cars and other vehicles.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC