Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Bosch Icon Wiper blades - can't seem to install them!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have serious wiper blade chatter and squeaks, so based on recommendations from other threads on TMC, I decided to purchase some Bosch Icon Wiper blades from AutoZone. I used their search tool to find blades that fit the Model 3, and it cam up with the 26 and 19 inch Icons: https://www.autozone.com/ignition-t...con-wiper-blade-windshield/91670_284746_25448 https://www.autozone.com/ignition-t...con-wiper-blade-windshield/91642_477156_25448

They even say "IT FITS. This product is a fit for your: 2018 Tesla 3 Long Range (Electric) 0.0L 192 kW 258 HP 15cyl". Strange that they say my Model 3 has 15 cylinders though! ;)

Anyway - no matter what I do, it looks like these won't go on. With the default #2 adapter, it looks like the plate at the bottom butts up against the folded steel clips on the underside of the wiper arm receiver. With the #4 adapter, the blade adapter's outer flanges bump up against the fluid nozzles, even after removing he fluid nozzle clip. Later today I can post pics to make this more clear...

Has anyone installed these or any Bosch wiper blades on their Model 3? Any pointers or guidance for me is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

It doesn't answer your question about the wiper blades, but a common reason for wiper chatter is an invisible residue on the windshield or blades that increases friction and causes the blades to catch. It can happen on brand new cars. I remember reading about this many years ago in a car magazine.

On my previous cars when this starts happening, I try cleaning the windshield and blades really well before replacing them. And I don't mean just a washing or Windex. I use a slurry of Barkeepers Friend or Bon-Ami first, then an auto glass cleaner for the windshield and rubbing alcohol for the wiper blades. That's usually all it takes. If the blades still chatter after that, then I replace them.

There really shouldn't be any reason that brand new wiper blades on the Model 3 need to be replaced already. You should try cleaning the windshield and blades first to see if it will eliminate the chattering. I think there's a good chance it will. If it keeps happening even after doing that and replacing the blades, there could be a wiper arm tension problem that service would have to look at.

While this doesn't answer your question, you might want to think about it. I have had a number of cars that would chatter in one direction; I have given the arms/blades small 'nudges' to make the sweep angle 90 degrees both ways.

Yup - ive already scrubbed the windshield and wipers with isopropyl alcohol. Not wanting that to remove my wax and seal, I had to mask the A-pillars as I really scrubbed it hard. I’ve got some rain-x extreme clean (NOT THE SEALER) too as well as some detailing clay if that doesn’t do it.

I still can’t figure out how to get the bosch wipers on though :(

Looks like the same "universal" clip as the rainX wipers I got. They do go on, but I had trouble too because I thought that they slid on in a slightly different position. Here is a video... i wasn't easy doing it with one hand (also explains the vertical video), but anyway:

Also, they fixed the chattering which was HORRIBLE at low speeds.

- Bosch 19OE & Bosch 26OE
- You need to clip away the top tab so it can clear the "spray wash" mechanism.
- It should go right in.

2018-09-07_21-12-12.jpg
2018-09-07_21-14-28.jpg
2018-09-07_21-13-05.jpg

4E317408-8690-4D01-A475-806A88105535.jpeg
91B50EBD-637D-4B36-9778-10EEB6C3676C.png
60A178F0-F450-441E-961B-E4534994603B.jpeg
C0BE0FDA-E648-470C-9622-396FFCD986B1.jpeg
73C670C8-52EF-4252-8862-6AB3CE0F0C5C.jpeg
SOLVED!!!

YOU CANNOT BUY THE BOSCH ICON 19OE AND 26OE FROM AMAZON IT DOESNT COME WITH THE ADAPTER KIT!!!

Just went to Auto Zone and got the Icon 19OE and 26OE they come with the adapter kit. Use the coupon for $7 off $30 I attached and it’s only $48 total ($6 more than Amazon)

Also you only need to break off the side that’s on the top (wiper nozzle) side I broke off both on the passenger one and then realized that. The driver wiper I only broke off the top part. Use some needle nosebleed pliers.