Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Camera blinded or blocked

Norsemen

Nov 20, 2021
Washington
I agree. I’ve experienced my share of bugs with the car as well, which sucks cause I just got it in mid June. The phantom breaking is pretty scary, cameras blinded is annoying, Spotify can’t sign me in at any time, my spoiler is falling off too haha. Hope it’s all resolved before warranty is over, but heck I doubt I’ll keep it that long anyways
Got a new M3 in June, and have the Pillar blocked error (both, but R>L) every single day when I drive in the dark. This along with constant phantom braking (every day) caused me to finally bring into to service (car is there now, but ready for pickup). Provided many logged "bug reports" and specific times for both conditions. Was told everything is "operating as designed, no fix necessary". Tesla even charged me for the visit!! Tesla is totally unwilling to own up to issues with these cars. Not sure what else to do, other than consider filing complaints with NHTSA and BBB.

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
This may be a shot in the dark, but the Bearded Tesla Guy recently noticed that his recently purchased M3 still had a plastic film on the pillar, some sort of cover for transport, I think..... He was having the same sort of 'camera blinded' error message frequently.... He posted on IG about it....

Get this warning quite frequently - in my case, condensation inside the pillar in front of the camera, or on the camera itself, or both. There was another thread about this a while back, many of the posters from Vancouver (we get lots of rain!). Have parked with the affected side in the sun (hard to do here) and had it go away.

BlueModY

MYLR5 Blu/Blk/19"/Tow Profile:8/6 VIN:10/28 MF305
Oct 29, 2021
Baltimore, MD
I just got it this morning for the first time (I've had my car for 3 weeks). It was already daylight, and it was in suburbia with lots of parked cars around. It went away after about 30 seconds. I got to my destination and looked at the camera, and nothing seemed off.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC