Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Can't turn passive entry back on!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my X -
1. Unplug charging cable.
2. Press brake pedal.
3. Enter PIN to drive.
4. Passive Entry toggle available to turn on/off.

If still unavailable perhaps try a reset? Curious, does your wife even know about where this is set? Wondering if some hdw/sftw error forced it off, in which case you’d need to request service.

It’s clearly still a bug. Here’s how I fixed it.

1. Enter PIN to drive
2. Settings > Security
3. Put car in Drive.
4. Put car in Park
5. Passive Entry switch is now activated and can be switched on again.

I know - not logical. But that’s how I resolved this. Basically I kept fiddling with it until it enabled itself so don’t give up!

It’s clearly still a bug. Here’s how I fixed it.

1. Enter PIN to drive
2. Settings > Security
3. Put car in Drive.
4. Put car in Park
5. Passive Entry switch is now activated and can be switched on again.

I know - not logical. But that’s how I resolved this. Basically I kept fiddling with it until it enabled itself so don’t give up!
That doesn't sound illogical or like a bug. Shifting to Drive and back to Park may be overkill, but I'm assuming you were looking at the setting the whole time and those steps were necessary. Otherwise, just getting out of "Car Off" mode would likely be enough. In any case, when Passive Entry is disabled, an unlock signal from the fob is required to switch from "Car Off" mode. This will disable repeater attacks without PIN to drive, but being able to bypass that requirement by turning Passive Entry back on would re-enable such attacks. OP never mentioned PIN to drive, and may not be using it, so it may have only been necessary to push the brake (to get out of "Car Off" mode) shortly after unlocking the vehicle (to satisfy the aforementioned signal requirement).