Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help...Charging resources in the Vero Beach areamiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just completed the first leg of my trip to visit friends in Vero Beach and am in Vero with about 35 miles left on my MS75D. Want to do a little local driving around but my friends 120V GFI breaker keeps tripping when I plug it in. Are there any local charging resources available around SR 510/A1A area? Most of the destination chargers require being a guest.

I think I can make it to the Melbourne SC on my way back if I don’t drive it for the next couple of days.

Any thoughts?

If you haven't already, you could try reducing the amps being drawn by the car while charging on the 120V outlet (done via the charging screen). You'll get an even slower charge, but it might stop the tripping.

i just completed the first leg of my trip to visit friends in Vero Beach and am in Vero with about 35 miles left on my MS75D. Want to do a little local driving around but my friends 120V GFI breaker keeps tripping when I plug it in. Are there any local charging resources available around SR 510/A1A area? Most of the destination chargers require being a guest.

I think I can make it to the Melbourne SC on my way back if I don’t drive it for the next couple of days.

Any thoughts?
If you haven't already, you could try reducing the amps being drawn by the car while charging on the 120V outlet (done via the charging screen). You'll get an even slower charge, but it might stop the tripping.

Thanks for the ideas. I have a Charge point account but the app doesn't show a station in the area.

I also tried lowering the charge amps to 5, GFI still trips I tried a second outlet (still GFI) and still tripped .

I'm going to try some of the hotels that showed up in destination chargers and see if they will let me charge for a couple of hours.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Seven7
Both the Vero Beach Hotel and Costa d'Este have Destination Chargers and both permit use by people who buy food. I have done it at both.

The Hampton Inn and Disney Vero Beach both have J1772's and the Hampton, at least, is pretty relaxed about use.

These options will certainly give you the extra charge you need. Just remember to buy something, anything at all. You need not check in. Vero Beach Hotel requires valet use, but at Costa d'Este they are to the left side of the hotel as you enter, towards the sea. I just drive there and connect, although the valet shows up almost instantly for a tip.