Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help charging Stops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the idea but I tried that at different amps and it stops with any setting.
lachambers, I am having problems with charging also. I am getting charging interrupted messages on my phone and reduced amperage. Currently our MS only charging at 8 amps. Last night it charged only to 115 miles range so it must have shut off halfway through the night and was only at 8 amps charging when I looked at it a 7:30 am and only at the 115 miles charges. At 8 amps it is only like 3 miles per hour charge instead of the usual 23 mile per hour charge rate. I Just had my PCU replaced. Up until that time I never had an issue. I will be contacting the SC on Tuesday.

lachambers, I am having problems with charging also. I am getting charging interrupted messages on my phone and reduced amperage. Currently our MS only charging at 8 amps. Last night it charged only to 115 miles range so it must have shut off halfway through the night and was only at 8 amps charging when I looked at it a 7:30 am and only at the 115 miles charges. At 8 amps it is only like 3 miles per hour charge instead of the usual 23 mile per hour charge rate. I Just had my PCU replaced. Up until that time I never had an issue. I will be contacting the SC on Tuesday.
Oh man that sucks, sorry to hear. Does not sound like the same issue as mine. What charger are you using?

Did your issue get resolved? I am having the same issue with my model 3. It stops charging after sometime. I tried the wall charger and mobile connector and both stops charging after charging the car for few miles.
Yes, it is resolved, try uninstalling your Tesla App and any third party tesla apps and don't forget to change your password on the main Tesla App. Let me know what happens.. good luck

I've had my model Y at the shop for 4 days and they could not fix it. My wall connector and mobile charger all stops charging. This is been going on now for a month and the service center could not find any problem with it. They will charge for less than a half hour and then CHARGING STOPS comes across the display or the app. I have tried so many things and nothing works the craziest part is the service center they could not duplicate it. They gave me a loaner car and it charges just fine no issues at all it was also a model Y, I brought the car home yesterday and put it back on the wall connector (240v-40amps) and Mobile charger 110v like in the past it stops charging right after you start the charging process. One very interesting thing is if I leave it plugged in after it stops charging around 5 a.m. in the next morning it starts charging again until it's fully charged. The service center ordered a power conversion system (PCS) which will be in next week. They are just reaching for straws hoping something works. Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts at all? Thank you guys for reading this.
Check that you do not have any apps connected to your account. that monitor charging. I had EV.Energy connected to mine and it was set to smart charging to be ready by 7am. I just turned that off and it says your car will charge at any time now. It is currently full so I will test the next time I go out.

Reactions: lachambers
Thanks for your imput but I took it to a friend's house last night and charged it with the 110v mobile charger and it stopped charging there also. The SC came up with the same thought as you. Thanks for taking time to help me.
I’m having the same issue!! I go to super chargers and it stops at 41%. I cannot charge it more than that at home either. I’ve had my car model Y for 4 days!!! I’m so upset and highly disappointed that customer support hasn’t figured out what this issue is.

Just FYI, had the same problem.

Tried:
Updated Tesla iPhone App; Rebooted car; rebooted Tesla wall charger; updated Tesla wall charger (it did turn out that it was way behind);
None of that worked... Charger worked perfectly when charging overnight (Scheduled departure) and at superchargers, but wouldn't charge "on demand" using the Tesla home charger, for more than 5 minutes.

What worked:
Turned off mobile access at car;
Deleted all 3rd party apps;
Changed password on Tesla website;
Charging worked!
Added back mobile access and relogged in on Tesla app... so far the on-demand charging is working.