Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help choosing model s cpo.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, just wanted to get your advice on choosing a cpo model s. I have 3 options, 2015 brown metallic 70d, 44k miles. Next gen seats, sunroof and premium package for 48k, 2015 white model s 35k miles, next gen seats, 21inch rims, rear facing seats, hifi sound for 52k, or I can purchase a 2014 p85d, 20k miles with regular rims, no premium package, next gen seats, air suspension for 60. Which car would you guys choose. Do you know any differences between a 2014 model a p85d and a 2015 p85d. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Reactions: Boourns
For P85D the 2014s and early <4/15 builds are considered the nicest ones .. the 2014s has the “+” suspension , some even had the OEM Recaro Seats ...a real good P85D would be a P85DL+ (L =luda upgrade) ...

• Informative
Reactions: acesguerra
For P85D the 2014s and early <4/15 builds are considered the nicest ones .. the 2014s has the “+” suspension , some even had the OEM Recaro Seats ...a real good P85D would be a P85DL+ (L =luda upgrade) ...
So 2014s on the most part have the better suspension ? And so you think it's a better choice than the P3D? I like both, but I have yet to drive a MS on any trim level.

P3D is a tough choice ...if you can secure one this year to take advantage of tax credit would definitely do ... the S imo still has a better looking body ...the P3D u get a lot more range , plus newer tech (battery , AP) ..P85Ds are still slightly faster ..but I would lean towards P3D in this scenario ...u may pay slightly more upfront for new but with tax credit and maybe state rebate it’s the same

2014 you need to check for plus suspension option code but for most part they have

FWIW I have a 2015 85 D (non-P). I have driven RWD cars, and the P85D, as well as loaners with various options.

I would prioritize:

Big battery (85 vs. 70)
Dual motor
Air suspension
19" wheels rather than 21" (I have owned cars with low-profile tires, it is a PITA worrying about every pothole, tires are more expensive. etc.)

I wouldn't worry about 20K miles more or less, or 2014 vs. 2015.

FWIW I have a 2015 85 D (non-P). I have driven RWD cars, and the P85D, as well as loaners with various options.

I would prioritize:

Big battery (85 vs. 70)
Dual motor
Air suspension
19" wheels rather than 21" (I have owned cars with low-profile tires, it is a PITA worrying about every pothole, tires are more expensive. etc.)

I wouldn't worry about 20K miles more or less, or 2014 vs. 2015.
Yeah, I read that the 21 inch tires are nicer looking but are more issue prone in the long run. I'm going to try out the P3D and maybe take a P85D or a MX if a killer deal comes around on a used one.

Thanks for your advice, it's a tough choice. I put a deposit on a 2015 70d with nex gen seats, 40k miles, all glass roof, ap1 and premium package for 48k, saw pictures of the car it's an great condition. I have 2 days to change it to another car. Trying to figure out if I should spend an extra 12 to 15 thousand for a p85d.

Reactions: P85_DA
So i ended up putting a deposit on a 2014 (December built) P85D with every package aside from the 21inch rims and ludacris mode for $57400. It was higher mileage then i liked (47k) and not my first choice but still has the 4 year CPO warranty. I am not a fan of silver, maybe it will grow on me or i will end up getting it wrapped. I first and second choice were a 2014 P85D with 14k miles for 63k and a 2016 90d with 16k miles for 59k, both cars had most options aside from the 21inch rims, those cars sold like 30 minutes before i was able to put a deposit on them. Here are some pictures of the car. Let me know what you guys think.

WeGoLook Vehicle Condition Report: Job #7643 0479

Reactions: Boourns and P85_DA
So i ended up putting a deposit on a 2014 (December built) P85D with every package aside from the 21inch rims and ludacris mode for $57400. It was higher mileage then i liked (47k) and not my first choice but still has the 4 year CPO warranty. I am not a fan of silver, maybe it will grow on me or i will end up getting it wrapped. I first and second choice were a 2014 P85D with 14k miles for 63k and a 2016 90d with 16k miles for 59k, both cars had most options aside from the 21inch rims, those cars sold like 30 minutes before i was able to put a deposit on them. Here are some pictures of the car. Let me know what you guys think.

WeGoLook Vehicle Condition Report: Job #7643 0479

Nice car !