Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help chose between 2 model s 100Ds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Battpower

Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2019
Uk
I'm about to make final choice between two cars. Main difference is FSD 2018 15k miles, textile seats (plus point for me) 19" rims vs Sub Zero / premium pack 5k miles 2019 on 21" just pre Raven. 2019 car is £5k more.

2018 is CPO so slightly longer bumper to bumper wty. But less battery power train.

Is FSD and a few months extra wty more worth having than a few months younger car with premium pack and £5k higher cost?

Both have mcu2 hw2.5. 2019 has various accessories... Ceramic on paint, extra charge adapters. Not sc v3.

Fire away!

Have you driven a Raven? The ride is so smooth.
No, not driven, but have read about it. Don't think I can justify the extra expense, and generally I'm happy with a firm riding car.

Sounds like the SC3 support goes with the Raven models (post April production) which the June registered car I'm looking at just pre-dates. In other respects I think a 2018 MCU2 CPO with full wty is pretty much the same as Raven. I can't really make sense of the claimed better efficiency as the quoted range of the 2018 car seems higher even if real world lower than the Raven!

Get a performance/p100D. It is more expensive (not that much in relative terms) but you will NEVER regret that decision.

Great car, but really don't care to use the extra performance. Just wears things out faster (fun of course, but not what I want).

These 2 100D's are both fine for what I want, just can't decide between them.