Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP! Come To Me Smart and Summon Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(2017S75/HW3/FSD2/MCU1) I can only get "Come To Me" to appear on my iPhone app while I am parked in my garage, and when I try to use Smart Summon when not at home I get an error message that the app cannot connect to the car! "Standby" has been turned on. I've used Smart Summon before w/o problems! What am I missing?

Reactions: Gt1948
Do both you and the car have a cellular network connection? - I assume so if you can view the car status using the phone App. Are you within 213 feet of the car, and in site of the car? Do you have Full Self Driving? If not, Summon only works to 39 feet. Is the area flat (no more than a 10% grade)?
If everything checks out, I can't think of anything else to try.

Do both you and the car have a cellular network connection? - I assume so if you can view the car status using the phone App. Are you within 213 feet of the car, and in site of the car? Do you have Full Self Driving? If not, Summon only works to 39 feet. Is the area flat (no more than a 10% grade)?
If everything checks out, I can't think of anything else to try.

Yes, Yes, Yes, and on a flat surface! That's what's driving me crazy!!!

Even stranger - Whereas I recognize that smart summon is a function of LTE, smart summon works ONLY when I am on WiFi! WT... . Am I missing something with the iPhone? What settings should I be using for cellular?
Now we progress. Does the car have a good LTE signal where it is? I think you say you can connect to the car, right. Are you on the free trial or pay for the premium connectivity package -- shouldn't be required?

Yes, I have a very good LTE signal. I was an early buyer, so I have premium connectivity for the life of the car. I connect to the car for media, etc., which connects fine. It’s only Summon that’s the problem.
Ok. Your phone must know your GPS location. Have you limited GPS for your phone connection or on the Tesla app for your phone?

Ok. Your phone KP must know your GPS location. Have you limited GPS for your phone connection or on the Tesla app for your phone?
I think I might have solved the conundrum (and boy do I feel stupid). I did a full reboot of my phone a few weeks ago, and unbeknownst to me the iPhone’s “cell data” option had been turned off during the reboot. I’ll be taking it out for a test later

Reactions: DerbyDave
I think I might have solved the conundrum (and boy do I feel stupid). I did a full reboot of my phone a few weeks ago, and unbeknownst to me the iPhone’s “cell data” option had been turned off during the reboot. I’ll be taking it out for a test later
Nope - conundrum unsolved ... and getting worse. While I was testing the app with my new settings, I noticed that, while I was PARKED, the app showed that I was driving. Now my app will intermittently show “connected but unable to use summon” or “not connected”.

(2017S75/HW3/FSD2/MCU1) I can only get "Come To Me" to appear on my iPhone app while I am parked in my garage, and when I try to use Smart Summon when not at home I get an error message that the app cannot connect to the car! "Standby" has been turned on. I've used Smart Summon before w/o problems! What am I missing?
Same here. Another reason I’m upgrading to MCU 2.

Nope - conundrum unsolved ... and getting worse. While I was testing the app with my new settings, I noticed that, while I was PARKED, the app showed that I was driving. Now my app will intermittently show “connected but unable to use summon” or “not connected”.

Here I go again. Now, my situation is thus: I now get connected, but when I try to use “come to me” I get the response that smart summon is not available now; I then go to smart summon in the app instead of “come to me”, and it works fine??? WT...?