Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Credit card slid behind center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my, the dreaded disappearing sock trick has struck again.

There is a technique that some people have used. They partly open the door then press down pushing it from its snap in mounts.
Then reaching up and snag the card. Look at the door's relative position so you know about where the snaps are to place it before you reach under and fit/push it back up and into its original position.

Before you try this, please search the forum more or search Youtube and locate a clear description of how. But that's the basics as I recall it described.

Same thing happened to me, only it was the local electrical inspector's sign off certificate for my wall connector. Searched you tube, could not find our console. Started to remove entire console by removing the two bolts under the rubber mat. Was still held in securely in the rear which I could not access. Asked the tech at my local dealer. He suggested calling mobile service. Haven't done that yet.

I have a '17 S. I can reach forward inside my console all the way to the front. I've even found a small square hole on the upper left side where I have threaded wires through into the console for power. I accessed the outside of the console by removing the cubby and reaching in. You can try that before you call anyone.

In the back seat, the back center panel of the console can be pulled out to access the inside of the console.